Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fun weekend and busy week ahead...

We had a great past few days!  Friday I was off all day, so we went with some friends to a local Kids gym and let the kiddos run around for about an hour.  After that Meme and Uncle B came by to spend the night with us and play cards and talk and just hang out.  We love to have them over!

My big girl!

Saturday we went out with Mia's Nana and Grandpa to eat lunch and to Toys R Us (not just Mia's fave place, but mine too!!).   They bought Mia her first swing set for her birthday and a new baby, just because :)  Daddy has wanted her to have a swing set so bad he can't stand it.  He told me he gets all excited and anxious, kind of like I explain to him what I do shopping for her clothes! HA!  We are so very thankful to now have her a swingset!


Feeding her new baby ♥


Her future swing set!

Today we had a lovely lazy Sunday!  Mia and I both took a 2 hour nap!  We were able to lay around with the windows open and it was AH-mazing!  After our nap, Mia, Meme, Uncle B and I all went for a walk and then up to the store.


Miss Hollywood loves her wagon rides!


Meme bought Mia this cute little Minnie/Mickey Mouse chair!  She just had to have it!

Mia has started doing this really funny face thing where she smiles so big and scrunches her face so hard that her nose and eyes scrunch up.  She does that for about TWO seconds and then follows it up by her "OOOHHH" face.  Then the big cheesy grin.  Then the OOHHH.  It's a hilarious cycle!  Here's the progression...


Big cheesy smile...

...then the "OOOHHH"....

Big cheesy grin...

"OOOHHH"  It goes on and on and on!

This coming up week is going to be very busy for me.  Her 2nd birthday is Friday and her party is Saturday.  I've been sitting down, making notes, highlighting, bullet-pointing, etc. etc. trying to prepare for all that has to get done before her BIG DAY!  I am so excited, yet also ready for it to be over.  It's going to be very bittersweet for me.  I think this birthday is much harder than the first one because she is SO much more independent.  I feel like I'm losing my baby :(  Although, she is getting lots and lots more fun! :)



Photobucket

2 comments:

Lori said...

Hey I know you haven't blogged yet today but we just want to wish Mia a happy 2nd birthday .

Lauren said...

Thank you very much :)