Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sam I am

So yeah, this cutie is our new addition to our family!

 

DSC_0006

This is Sam.  Mia and Dave picked the name for this sweet girl. Mia first wanted Tico, which by the way, I have no idea where her obsession with the name Tico has come from!!  After Dave suggested Sam (after the German Shepherd in “I am Legend”), Mia loved it too!

 

We have been thinking for months about getting a dog.  Dave wanted one that was good with kids and super protective.  We did our research and a German Shepherd was exactly what we were looking for.  I feel cuckoo for getting a puppy 5 months before having a newborn, but this way we can get her trained and she can grow up with the kids.  I have heard nothing but good things (except the shedding!) about these dogs, so I am excited about this new adventure!

 

Sam and Mia?  Already partners in crime!  They love each other!  I can’t wait to see them all three playing together :)

 

Sam I am…

DSC_0009

Sam at 9 1/2 weeks.

2 comments:

Tami said...

He's absolutely adorable!

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

I love kids and dogs together. They share such a special bond. Mia just loves her two pups, it's so cute!