Friday, November 2, 2012

Oh, the STRONG will of my firstborn

I’ve heard other mothers talk about their “strong willed” 3 year old, but my feisty firstborn takes “head strong” to a WHOLE.NEW.LEVEL.  Ok? I’ve been told it’s because she’s 3, or that it’s a stage, or that she takes after me.  Yes, I agree.  She is 3 and yes, she does act very much like her momma, but this girl is even more bull headed than me!
You see, I didn’t have this “strong will” (according to my mother) when I was her age.  I was very much the people pleaser and didn’t want to disappoint anyone.  I was smart enough to stop the bad behavior I was doing to keep from getting into more trouble.  However, Mia?  She would cut her nose off to spite her face!  It’s been so bad sometimes that I was tempted to call her pediatrician and have her evaluated for a behavior disorder.
I just don’t understand, because one day she can be SO sweet and so funny, but the next day she is like a totally different child.  She knows how to push my buttons, and she does it well.  She also knows all those sweet little things to do to get her out of trouble.
When I say I am fearful of the teenage years, that is NOT an understatement!!

IMG_6164

Can anyone else relate?  Please.

1 comment:

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

We've noticed this some with Mia too, but it's mostly been in spurts and not all day or consecutive days in a row.

Also, she's all Mommy and won't let Daddy do anything really.

BUT, I've told this is so common at 3, so fingers crossed that it's not forever OR a glimpse into their teenage years.

Hang in there.