Tuesday, June 15, 2010

UpDaTe....

Wow!  I feel really horrible that I haven't blogged in a week...I'm slacking on the job!  So I'm gonna catch everyone up to speed....

I worked last Wednesday and Thursday and then Friday Mia got her ear tubes that I've been requesting.  I was very nervous about the surgery, just because I am a chronic worrier and neurotic freak.  Anesthesia SCARES me, especially with my baby.  Everyone kept telling me it was a very easy, quick procedure and I knew she needed it, so I went with it.  Afterall, I have been insisting on getting them.  So Friday we arrive at 630 am and the preregistration is what took the longest.  They took her back at 730 and we were back in the recovery room holding her at 742!  The doctor actually came out and talked to us at 738 to tell us she did great!  So it was literally an 8 minute procedure!  In recovery Mia was UNconsolable.  They said that was very normal, but NOT to a momma.  All I wanted was to "fix" her and take away any discomfort she had.  The crying thankfully was very short lived (30 minutes tops) and then we headed home.  She had a two hour nap and woke up completely normal!!  Later that day she even took 2 steps to her Poppy :)  I know every child is different, I'm just so ready for her to walk and so is she, she is just a chicken! HAHA!
Once I knew everything was all good, I worked all day Saturday and Sunday. UGH.  I did get to work with some good friends, which made it completely tolerable!!
Monday: Adjustment time!  I go to a chiropractor and LOVE him!  Dave, Mia and I all go!!  During the adjustment, Dr. T suggested a workout for Dave and I at the gym.  Ok, sounded easy enough and he said it would only take about 10 minutes!  Even better....
One heart attack and 3 dry heaves later, we were done!  That workout was HARDCORE!  But I LOVE IT!  I'm trying to work really hard to get my momma body back to pre baby body, or as close to it as I can.  It takes lots of work and dedication, and some days are better than others on the motivation scale.  I do have the BEST support though!  My husband who used to be a personal trainer and my boo, who is my motivation!  If anyone wants to check the workout out, it's called cross fit.  I'm also on a 1700 calorie diet, which completely SUCKS, but I have to stay strong.  If anyone knows me, I LOVE to eat.  I take joy in it.  It is one of my favorite past times.  That has got to stop.  I'll update you on that progress....
This morning, I got up and went to the gym again!  WAHOO!!  ::Good food thoughts:: I'm gonna eat good today, I'm gonna make good choices.  I think I need to go to food lovers anonymous meetings!
Later today we are going to do a little shopping and then swimming lessons tonight!  Mia loves to swim!  She does sooo good and doesn't mind the water on her head and face!  She's my little mermaid!! HA!
This blog was kinda random, but I had to catch up and you know my mind is OUT THERE!!
Love you guys... 

No comments: