Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers Day and sporadic thoughts....

This Father's Day was extra special to me because A. I've got to see my husband in the father role and to see the joy and love in his eyes AMAZE me.  B. My dad is the best dad in the world, BUT he is an even better Poppy to my baby girl!  I love these men so much!!  I've always been the "daddys little girl" and I don't think I will EVER outgrow that! 

My Dad

My dad is the greatest provider and protector.  When I feel in danger, scared or need advice, my dad is the first I go too.  He always knows how to protect me and make me feel safe, just by being in his presence.  I've always had the "everything is going to be ok because my dad is here" feeling with him.  He is my confidence when I need it, but not too much!  He knows just the way to motivate me to do my best.  He has a rough outer layer, but is a super softie on the inside!!  I think that when I got married, he kind of distanced himself from me because he has made room for another man, but he doesn't quite understand that I still need him just as much now as I did before.  A little girl may become a woman, but she will always be a little girl to her daddy!  I will never outgrow the feeling of "need" for my dad.
The best feeling ever is to see my dad interact with Mia.  Mia just lights up when she sees him and it melts my heart.  The two of them are two peas in a pod and I couldn't ask for a better Poppy for my girl!  Thank you dad for being the best we could ask for! 
I love him with all of my heart and admire his strength.  Dad, I love you more than you could EVER know!


Me and my daddy!


Mia and her Poppy!

My Husband

Dave is my BEST friend EVER!  He is such a patient, kind, caring, loving soul and I got so lucky when I snagged him!  He is a wonderful husband and an excellent daddy!  Ya know, when you become a momma, everything you watch and pay attention too revolves around your baby, so when I see my dad and husband interact with Mia, I am so grateful!  Dave is such a hard worker to provide for our family and he doesn't complain at all.  He is one of my favorite peeps! HA!  David Alan I love you more than anything in this world ::cough cough:: besides Mia:: cough cough::  HAHA!


Fathers Day lunch!


From Mia's sunday school class!

***************************************************

Mia has officially been off the bottle for one week.  Her last bottle was 6-14-10 and we quit cold turkey!

Mia is doing great in swim lessons, she puts her whole head under and LOVES it!

I bought Mia some Acai berry organic juice and she loves it!  Have you ever heard of this?  I've been doing some research on it and it is packed with nutrients and antioxidants!

Tonight Mia took 5-6 steps!! WAHOO!!  She does the best walking from me to her poppy!

All four molars are in!!

She can point to her ears, toes and belly.  She points to the light, fan, sky and dogs when directed too!

ummmm, I'm having a writers block...

OH, one last thought: I'm getting a new blog design and I'm pumped!!  Once that is installed, I'll be more motivated!

Wait, I just thought of something else:  Mia has a long sleeve phobia.  I put a long sleeve pj top and her and she started crying hysterically and pulling at the sleeves!  I had to change her to get her to calm down!


Mia and her Uncle B at the water park!

No comments: