Sunday, July 11, 2010

New doctor, 15 months, ER visit

My baby is FIFTEEN MONTHS!!!  How did that happen sooo quickly?!  I feel like she was just born!  Here are some pics through the months:


3 months
































WOW! It sounds so cliche but they really grow SO fast!
AT 15 months:

*You wear a size 4 diaper
*You are 22.5 lbs and 29.5 in
*You are FINALLY a full time walker!
*You like to say "whatisit!"
*You wear 18mo clothes
*Size 4-5 shoe
*You have 12 teeth! All four molars are in!


On Friday we switched to a new pediatrician.  Do you remember me saying how the last ped kept putting me off about Mia getting ear tubes and kind of down playing all of her ear infections?  And remember I took it upon myself to take her to the ENT and he immediately said she needed tubes?  Well, moms trump doctor sometimes, so I did what I felt was best for my child and switched her pediatrician.  The one we go to now is the one I have wanted all along, just didn't want to drive 30 minutes to get there, BUT we do NOW!!  I LOVED him, just as I thought!  Mia seemed ok with him, but she still has a little bit of doctor anxiety!  The doctor was very impressed by all of her developmental milestones and how far she has come since birth!  And of course he couldn't believe how Gorgeous she was! HA!  Yeah, he has great vision too!! HAHA!


waiting to see the dr!


Elmo sticker!


a makeup sucker from the doctor after shots!


want some?

After that appt, we headed off to her next appt, which was a follow up with the ENT for her tubes.  One look at her and he said she looked great!  Yet ANOTHER very smart doctor with great vision! :)  We got the all good/all clear from both docs, so I decided she was gonna get a treat for that!  We went home and were kind of just hanging out for a bit, so we were sitting around and all of a sudden my little weeble wobble fell down and hit her mouth on the drawer handle in the kitchen.  Mouth full of blood.  Screaming bloody murder.  Mommy FREAKING out.  Open gash on lip.  Head to the ER.


This looks MUCH better!  I was scuurrred if ya know what I mean!  All clear from the doctor and no treatment was necessary!  My poor little girl had a rough day!  The fifteenth month isn't starting out so hot.  Now the princess DEF needed a surprise!  Off to toys r us we go!!


All in all, the day turned out good and Mia is just a beautiful as before! HA!  Saturday and Sunday I worked-EEEHHHH.....Yuck
After work Mommy, Daddy and Mia went to dinner together to enjoy each others company which was much needed after this weekend of work!


My Favorites!

Dave is off on shut down this week, so we will be enjoying spending family time all week!  Can't wait!  God is magnificent!!!

Photobucket


1 comment:

Emily Cessna said...

Mikayla's issues weren't supposed to be food related. They have started to fix themselves since I started to give her baby food. Sometimes it takes a Mommy's instinct. Think about it you spend all this time with your child and their doctor may spend 15 minutes with them in the office.

Some will call me crazy but I found a doctor that doesn't use chemical medicines (chiropractor/naturalist). He has done more for Mikayla and explained more than most of the doctors. When you think about what he says is happening it makes perfect logical sense.