Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ketchup

Caution, information overload coming up!!

We have been busy little bees over the past month here at the Huff house!  I'm going to try to attempt to break down and bullet point the highlights!

*Thanksgiving*

Before all the fun!

It was so much fun this year because she was old enough to enjoy the company of her cousins and really play with them!  I love watching them all interact!  She is the only girl in her close group of cousins, but that doesn't phase her one little bit!  She just jumps right in and acts like one of the boys, all the while nurturing them at the same time!  She's a hoot!


Pretty little girl!

So I had to work Thanksgiving night (just from 7pm-11pm) so we planned on going straight to Toys R Us after work for the "Black Friday" sale.  Well, we get there at 11:30 and the line is wrapped all the way around the OUTSIDE of the building and it's raining and snowing!  Forget that!  We went back home, went to bed and got back out around 8 am, which was still crazy but MUCH better!  The only downfall was that Mia was with us, but fortunately she's not old enough to know yet!!


Where is Mia??


Oh there she is!!!

The next day we decided it would be fun to buy Christmas cookies and let Mia decorate!  I want to start our own little family traditions each year and thought this would be a fun thing to do, all while spending lots of quality time together!


Daddy, Mia and Uncle B!


She loved playing in and eating the icing!

Along with the cookies, we also bought a Gingerbread house for us to decorate!!


Daddy and Mia hard at work!


Lol


Evidence of hard work!

Next up: Santa visit!  Last year went so well, I thought for sure Mia would just love Santa.  Not so much this year!  Ha!  I got her all prettied up, then...


Hi Santa!  You're not so bad from a distance!


No way you are holding me though!  Haha!

I am so thankful for all of the memories I have with Mia!  Everyday, although some times challenging, are a precious gift from God that I do not take for granted!  Sometimes I look at her and just well up with tears thinking about how she almost slipped right through our fingers.  My life has been truly fulfilled over these past 20 months!!

Speaking of 20 months, through all of these holiday festivities, my little angel turned 20 months!!  I can hardly believe it!  This time last year her 1st birthday party plans were well under way, but I haven't even started thinking about it this year!  I can not believe  I only have 4 months until the big T-W-O!!

*20 Month stats*

*Mostly the same stuff as last month as far as sizes and teeth go.
*You have really turned into a little parrot over the past month!  You repeat everything we say, as well as your own little vocabulary of words and babbling!  Some of my favorite words right now: doggy, see ya, gonkey (monkey), peeeaz (please), seet tea (sweet tea-I know, I'm bad)
*You have really started (over the past week) to show interest in the potty!  You take us by the hand to the bathroom and sit on your big girl princess potty!  You like to get a small wad of toilet paper and "wipe" and then you look up and say "YAY!" while clapping!  So stinking cute!!  You still have yet to actually "go" on the potty, but it's coming!!
*You are trying to jump!  It's so funny because you don't quite get your feet off of the floor!  You think it's hilarious!  You bend your knees and get to your tip toes, but no air gets between you and the floor! HA!
*We increased your medicine for only the 2nd time in your whole life!  I was upset because you are so hyper and high strung, I just couldn't imagine increasing your medicine!  Praise God, you don't act much different!  If you got any more hyper I was gonna loan you out to Meme and Poppy for a bit!  Haha!  Not really, but it was a thought!  :)


Blurry, but I love it!


For Meme/Poppy and Grandma/Grandpa Christmas presents we decided it would be a nice present to have Mia paint a canvas!  We got safe, washable, non-toxic paint so that we could just let her go and have fun!  However, painting was NOT her idea of fun!!


Daddy painting her hand for the hand print!



Let the meltdown begin...


Little bit of painting and A LOT of crying!!


She even decided to taste it-to make her mommy FREAK out!!


Finished product!

Finally, we got our first snow of the year and I wanted to take Mia to play in it!  Last year, she hated it!  I mean HATED it!  Surely she will like it this year...


Trying it out...


Not so much!  It touched her hand and she LOST it!




Tyson showing some love!  Was not reciprocated!


Just love it!

Overall this past month has been amazing!  Just enjoying spending time with the fam and preparing for this Christmas!  However, unfortunately we did lose our precious Grandma Norma.  She was an amazing woman who just adored us and especially Mia!  We loved her with all of our hearts and she will truly be missed.  It is comforting to know that she was strong in her faith and now she is in the Kingdom of God, enjoying her eternal life!  She told me multiple times that she was ready to go home whenever He was ready for her, which helps ease the pain.  Grandma Norma, we love you so much and will see you again some day!


Great Grandma Norma and Mia♥ 2009


Road trip to Georgia! 2009



Photobucket

No comments: