Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

I typically don't make resolutions, but this year, I have to make a few.  They are going to be hard for me so I need constant encouragement and reinforcement!

1.  Lose weight and exercise more.  I know, I know, everyone makes this resolution but I never had body problems pre-Mia.  I wouldn't trade her for the world, but I would like to SOMEWHAT have my body back!

2. Be a better mommy and wife.  I want to spend more time with Mia and the hubby WITHOUT being so "Type A."  I am an obsessive control freak and need to settle down.  Thank God for my Type B husband who puts up with me and loves me anyway.  My daughter on the other hand, well, lets just say, she is Type A as well....

3.  HOLD MY TONGUE.  I NEED to stop being so opinionated and just listen.  I wear my heart on my sleeve and am brutally honest.  I say what I feel and that is not always the right way.  Period.

4.  Most of all, I want to work on my relationship with God.  I want to pray more, become more involved in church, read my bible, etc.  I am blessed beyond what I deserve and feel that I could make a MUCH better effort at my relationship with Christ.  I am sad to say this, but, when things are going my way I praise Him.  However, when things aren't going MY way, I tend to question Him and for that I am ashamed, for I know that he has a plan for me and with Him, I can get through anything.  I love God and need to show it more.


Psalm 119: 65-68
Do good to your servant according to your word, LORD. Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
for I trust your commands. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.  You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees.

Ephesians 3: 17-19
      so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,  and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.



Happy New Year everyone!!


Photobucket

No comments: