Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

I'm not gonna lie.  When I was in high school, I was obsessed with V-Day.  I couldn't wait for my high school sweet heart (my husband) to profess his love to me for all of my friends/classmates to see.  I was all in the hype of the holiday.  But, NOT now.  Not today. 

*Sappy-ness coming at cha*

Today I woke up like any other normal day, we spent time together and ate lunch at our favorite little Mexican restaurant.  Dave went off to work and Mia and I (and Uncle B) spent the night hanging out together.  Nothing special.  HOWEVER, tonight when I was about to go to bed, Mia woke up crying.  I went in to rock her and IT HIT ME.  Who cares about V-Day?  I have my Valentines gift every.single.day.  My daughter is my absolute favorite little person and I cherish every moment we have together.  While I was rocking my precious girl, I started getting teary eyed, thinking about how she is growing up *so* fast and how one day I won't be able to go in and rock her back to sleep.  I started thinking about all those mommies and daddies out there who have lost their babies, young or old.  I could not imagine my life without my girl. 

I sat there in that glider, trying desperately to fall asleep with her, but I couldn't.  I didn't want to miss a thing.  Then I started singing...

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Where every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

Don't wanna close my eyes, I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby and I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you the sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you baby and I don't want to miss a thing
I don't wanna miss one smile, I don't wanna miss one kiss
I just wanna be with you, right here with you, just like this
I just want to hold you close, feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment for all the rest of time
(Aerosmith)

I know this song is not about a mother and a daughter ok?  I get that.  But, for that situation, IT FIT!  I didn't want to miss one thing.  As my little lady was snuggled up on my chest and I could feel her breathing and could feel her heart beating.  Moments like that could last forever and I would be happy.

Therefore, my Valentines Day was perfect.  The best one so far actually.  Far better than any roses, candy or teddy bears.  Far better than anything money could buy.

The love in my heart for my family is so tremendous that it is not explainable.  HERE is the kicker:  God loves Mia more than I do!  HUH?  I don't even know how that is possible.  I can't even fathom it.  I do think I give Him pretty tough competition though!  Ha!  It's such a great feeling to know my precious angel is so loved. 

With all of that being said, I did not forget my husband.  Although we didn't do gifts this year, he knows he is loved more than life itself.  He is my *bestest* friend and I adore our relationship.  We don't need a made-up holiday to feel loved and cherished.  We show it all year long (with a few off days of course)! HA!

Hope everyone had a great Valentines Day and that you got to spend it with your sweeties ♥



Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley Marie said...

Beautiful post! Your daughter is blessed to have you as her mother :)

Visiting from SITS.

Lauren said...

Oh, thank you so much!