Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mia-isms and 22 months!

I just want to share a few funny stories about Mia.  Here is will call them "Mia-isms."

*My little lady is really getting smart and picking up on EVERYTHING we do.  Here recently, she has started working with our iPhones.  Mia can unlock the phone, scroll through the apps to find her favorites, play with that app (her favorite right now is Talking TomCat and Angry birds), exit out, go to the photos and scroll through those all while saying "Mee-ahh."  She LOVES looking at herself.  While scrolling through the pictures, she will come across and video and push the "play" button to watch.  The funniest part about her watching herself on video is that she *acts* shy while watching them!  Ha!  She puts her head down and gives us her *shy eyes*!  This child is a dag on hoot I tell ya!


Playing Angry Birds

*I also have learned a very important lesson lately.  Do NOT, EVER, under ANY circumstance take a toddler with an EIGHT minute nap to a baby shower.  YIKES!  Oh.My.Gosh.  I thought I was going to pull my hair out!  We first got there and the shyness factor was in effect, so she sat in my lap and watched her portable DVD player.  Just a little fidgety at this point, but nothing horrible.  So I got up to go get her some food (while she was sitting in the chair behaving like an angel semi-normal), and THEN I hear "MMOOOOOMMM."  I die. ::cue all people looking at her and me while snickering::  Ok people, it's not a sweet little "wheres my mommy?" it's a full fledged "get back over here now MOM."  Have you ever seen the movie Wedding Crashers?  Ya know, the part at the end where Will Ferrell is downstairs and yelling for his mom for meatloaf? No? Well he would yell "MOM, MEATLOAF!" That is what I had flashbacks of while my precious baby girl little terrorist was yelling for me.  Watch the movie, then think of me.  Oh geez.



*The way we discipline Mia is with "timeout."  However, it doesn't affect her very much.  We go tell her to sit in timeout, which she does, but the whole time she is smiling at us or waving to us.  It's almost like she's having fun and wants us to know about it.  It's a joke to her.  The other day I did spank her butt and tell her to go to timeout and pointed at her and told her that "throwing stuff at people" was not nice.  She cried.  For one of the first times, I thought *maybe* I had gotten through to her. Ahem.  Last night I noticed her playing with her baby.  She put her baby up against the wall (where we put her in timeout), pointed her finger at her and started speaking gibberish to her baby.  In a very stern voice, I shall add.  Oops.  That?  I felt was a mom fail.  I know she needs to be corrected, but I felt HORRIBLE!  Does anyone else who has toddlers know of a way to discipline, that is EFFECTIVE?



These stories make her sound bad.  That is not at all what I meant.  She is a sweet girl, but with a STRONG personality and will for independence.  She may look just like her daddy, but anyone who knows us will say she *acts* just like her momma!  Ha!


Dipping her OWN chip in her OWN salsa, with NO help.  Just the way she likes it.  :)

Also, Mia is 22 months old today!  Only TWO short months until I have *gasp* a TWO year old.  Thank you God for the past two years, for they have been the most amazing two years of my life!  I love my little lady more than words could ever express!


Crappy spur of the moment cell phone/bad lighting pic.  But you get the gist ;)


Photobucket

1 comment:

SassyCassie said...

They don't make her sound bad... they make her sound hilarious!