Wednesday, June 6, 2012

May 17, 2012

This day was a life changer.

My breasts had been sore and I had been feeling tired.  All things signaling impending period.  I was on day 32 and still had not started so I decided I would take a test.  You know, to just go ahead and get the “negative” out of the way so I wouldn’t remain hopeful for no reason.

Dave wanted some lunch so I ran up to the Dollar store, grabbed some generic pregnancy tests and then stopped by Arbys.  Dave was outside working in the yard and was also unaware that I was stopping for preggo tests.  I pulled up in the garage and walked straight into the bathroom.  At this point it was midday and I didn’t even know if I had to pee or not!  I ripped open that test and dribbled a few little drops onto the test and put it on the floor. I wiped and looked down and the floor AND THERE IT WAS.  A BIG FAT POSITIVE.  Before the “test” line had even appeared! I immediately start crying and look up to God and thank Him endlessly. After 18 months of trying and almost to the point of giving up, WE ARE PREGNANT!!

I had always thought I would tell Dave in some cute, unique and special way, however, I COULD NOT contain my joy for ONE more second.  I walked straight outside, tears welling in my eyes and showed him the test.  He looked at it for a few seconds, looked up at me with a great big smile and said “NO WAY?!”  We were laughing and crying and hugging all while in complete and utter shock.  We were elated and could not wipe the cheesy grins off of our faces!

Unfortunately for me, the excitement didn’t last too long before the worrying began.  I’m such a buzz kill. 

We decided we would wait for a little bit before we told anyone, but I had to tell someone!  Dave thought it would be best to tell Ben first since he was the first to know when I was pregnant with Mia. I thought that was a great idea and I just knew how excited he would be!

It was Ben’s last day of school. I called him right as he was getting off the bus.  The first thing I said to him was “I have something to tell you, but you can’t tell anybody else.”  He instantly knew.  He said “OH MY GOSH ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!”  His reaction was priceless.

This day?  Was a great day!