Saturday, October 8, 2011

The BEST 2.5 years of my life!

It feels like yesterday when I was aching for a child.  I was pleading with God to bless me with a baby.  And now, here we are, with a 2.5 year old.  I am MORE than thankful to God for entrusting this amazing little girl into my care.  I love her more than life itself and can not imagine not having her in my life.  God is so merciful and so loving and I am so honored to have His child living with me.
So here’s some facts about my lady:
Sleep:  Mia, you go to bed every night between 8:00-9:00 and wake up between 8:00-9:00 in the morning.  You have always been a great sleeper, thank goodness!  Lately we have been in this same routine where you want to be rocked and sang to before bed.  When we say it’s time for bed, you say “rock you.” We rock and pray and sing.  It’s such a sweet bonding time for us because I don’t get too much snuggle time through the day.
Eat:  You still love to eat!  However, your toddlerhood has had its ups and downs in the food category.  Some days it feels like you want to do nothing BUT eat and other days you don’t want to eat at all.  Some days you will eat just about anything, and other days you are so picky!  What I’ve heard and read, this is normal behavior.  We try to give you all healthy options, that way you feel like you get to make a choice for yourself, but it’s still good for you.  And that makes this momma happy :)  Your favorite foods right now are chicken, nutri grain bars, peas and fruit.  You also love the occasional fish crackers!
Physical:  You are 29 pounds and 35 inches. Your foot fits perfectly in a size 7 shoe, but we bought size 8 for shoes this winter so you had room to grow in.  You are wearing 3T shirts and 2T or 24 months pants.  Poor girl, you’ve got a skinny waist and no booty!  I have to buy your pants with the elastic thing on the inside and they are usually pulled to the tightest loop! HA!  Your hair is getting so long, but you can’t really tell because it is so curly!  You have the biggest, most addicting smile EVER.  Your laugh?  Well, it’s contagious.  You are growing and blossoming perfectly!
Potty training:  Or lack there of, I should say.  You could care less about the potty. You sit on it and say “Good ghoul Mia, I did it!” even though you didn’t actually go!  You are a hoot!  Oh well, you won’t go to kindergarten in diapers!
IMG_3530
Interests:  Right now you are into books.  You are over the doll phase, over the Mickey phase and the Toy story phase. You love to look at books and for me to read them to you.  Hint Hint: Guess what the theme of your 3rd birthday party is gonna be?!  You also love to go to church and play with your friends.
Facts: You have somehow become scared of animals.   You used to love animals and dogs, but now you are showing fear.  I don’t know what happened.  You tolerate Meme and Poppy’s dogs, but other strange animals you are terrified of.  You have also developed a fear of heights within the past like 6 months.  When you play on playgrounds, you can slide down slides, but the little bridges you are supposed to cross?  You crawl across or hang on for dear life.  You don’t let it stop you from having fun, but I can tell you are still a little worried.
IMG_3520
Funny things:  There are lots, so I’ll list them…
The other day we were driving in the car and I put my hand on daddies and you shook your finger at me and said “Uh uh, don’t do that!”  LOL  You crack me up kid.  Then it made me realize, I must say that to you way to much!
You like to say “Thank you God, jibber jabber ____”  Insert whatever you are thankful for at that moment.  The other day we went through family, mommy, daddy, Charlie, Brody, Jase, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Daisy.  It’s so sweet to hear you thank God, but funny what you thank Him for sometimes!  HA!
We were playing on the couch one day and you accidently hit your head and you said “Sowee Mia!”  Such a goof ball.
You like to watch Little Einstein's now.  If you’ve ever seen it, they pat their hands on their legs to a beat of a song.  So one day, while you were at your Nana’s you started patting your legs saying “pat, pat, pat, pat” so Nana and Papaw started copying you.  After you got done you said “I’m a mess!”  HAHA, yes you are sweetheart :)
IMG_3471
When you get in trouble you like to run up and hug me or daddy and then you say “Aww, sweet!”  It works like a charm for daddy, not so much for mommy. I know how the manipulation works.
Proud Mommy moments:  You LOVE music.  You will lay on the couch with daddy with head phones in and listen to music.  The other day I put the toddler radio station on on Pandora and the “If you're happy and you know it song came on.”  I thought it was the first time you had heard it until you started doing all the moves and putting your fingers up to your cheeks for the “your face will surely know it” part. I suppose you learned that at school. You also know the “Wheels on the Bus” and sing and do the gestures for that.  It’s amazing to me how smart you are :)
IMG_3500
Overall, you are a very spunky, sassy and sweet little girl.  You have a good heart and I am very proud of you.   I could not ask for a better daughter.  I couldn't imagine having any other child with any different of a personality.  God’s plan is perfect and I’m thankful He chose you for me! Thank you for giving me the most amazing 2.5 years of my life.  I love you more than you could ever know.  Forever and ever.  Mommy
IMG_3373

No comments: