Monday, December 12, 2011

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

Last week was Mia’s MDO Christmas program.  It was so sweet, but my little chatter box was quiet as a mice when she was on stage!  I was still sick when I went so I didn’t really get to take it all in but thankfully we did buy the video.  Evidently when she saw me in the crowd she got upset and just wanted off the stage.  Therefore, no good pics :(  Stage fright? Apparently!  HA!

Before the went on stage…

momymia2

She spotted her momma!

miacmas

I don’t know if it’s just MY child, the age or WHAT, but whenever I get the camera out, she turns the opposite direction.  I could scream at the top of my lungs and she would not look up!  It’s so frustrating!  We have to go to crazy, goofy lengths to get her to look up for a split second. We are usually shouting off random characters like “Elmo!” “ Mickey!” and so on!  I suppose she is OVER the mommarazzi!

This past Saturday Dave had to work, so Mia, Meme, Ben and I went out and did some Christmas shopping and had dinner at Chuy’s.  We had such a fun time, as usual!

mommia momben

Yesterday Mia and I went to church and bible study without daddy because he needed to get some sleep.  You know when something is weighing on your mind or heart and you go to church and they talk about exactly what you needed to hear?  Yeah, that.  Happened yesterday.  LOVE IT! 

After church Mia and I had to go do some grocery shopping.  We had to go to Whole Foods for her groceries (and some of ours) and then Wally World for the rest.  We spent literally 3 hours grocery shopping and Mia was such a champ!

Finally we got the groceries home just in time for a nap and then all of us headed back out to our “Family Christmas” celebration at church.  That worship service was so joyful and upbeat!  Lots of singing and praising!  Happy Birthday Jesus!

That long of a day warranted dinner out.  On the way home we stopped by one of our favorite restaurants and spent some good quality time.  Needless to say, we were all exhausted and slept good last night!

miamom

Poor daddy didn’t get in any of the pics because not only is Mia in an ANTI photo phase, but she is also a *major* mommy’s girl!  We love daddy sooo sooo much though :)

I can’t wait until this weekend because Friday we are going Christmas caroling with our adult bible fellowship class, Saturday are having a little family Christmas cookie/cocoa get together and Sunday church and dinner with great company!  OH and I’m PRN next week!  YAY!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: