Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year and 37 weeks!

I can’t believe I didn’t take one.single.picture on New Years Eve, but I was in the moment.  We had a low key night that started with dinner with Meme, Poppy, Ben, Nuna, Kyle, Nancy and Mia’s favorite boys! After dinner we all put on some comfy clothes and played games at our house to ring in the new year!  It was also Meme’s birthday, so we had some yummy dessert to eat at the house.  I am so incredibly thankful for another year with my momma!  We love her so so much and hope and pray for many many more years to come!!  Life is so short and you are never promised another day, so I am thankful for each and every day I get with my loved ones!

My favorite moment of 2012 (among many!)…
IMG_6641
Finding out this girl would be a big sister.  To a healthy little sister :)

Sammy girl started her new year out right with steak and chicken breast for breakfast!  What a good daddy she has :)

IMG_6648IMG_6650

New Years Day, we did absolutely nothing.   We stayed in our PJ’s all day, played some candy land and watched some movies.  Meme, Pops and Ben stopped by for a bit to visit and play some card games!  It was a rainy, cold and gray day, so it was a perfect day to stay in and cuddled up!  Not gonna lie, I love me some lazy days :)

The epitome of lazy…
IMG_6659
Laying on the couch in your jams, watching country music videos, eating an apple!  HAHA!  A girl after her momma’s own heart!

Today we had our 37 week ultrasound (to check for growth, since Mia was so small, although Finley has been measuring perfectly) and dilation check up.  I went in with the thought that if she weighed about 6 lbs. right now, that would be good and average.  Well not only did we get to see that little ones beautiful face, but we also found out that she is weighing in at about 7lbs 4oz right now!!!  NOW, the US is about plus or minus ONE pound, so she could be anywhere from 6-4 to 8-4!  I’m thinking more along the lines of 6ish, but still, I was ecstatic to find out that this girl is growing like she should!!  Mia put her momma and daddy through the ringer!  We feel so blessed and are so so thankful for this little bundle!

Here is Mia’s nose/lips (on the left) compared to Finley’s nose/lips (on the right)
IMG_6668IMG_6665
Can you see that?  I think they look pretty similar, but also different!  I hope they both have their own little look, although looking like big sis wouldn’t be a bad thing, considering she is pretty stinking cute ;)

Ears. Finley left, Mia right
IMG_6667IMG_6669

For the most part I am feeling pretty good still.  I am exhausted and out of breath most of the time and can’t quite get comfortable, but other than that, I’m hanging right in!  I said I wasn’t in any rush to have her, but after seeing her today, and packing the hospital bags, I’m so excited to get to meet and hold her!!  Still not in a hurry, just excited!  She will be here soon enough and will be a big girl before I know it. 




In the meantime, I am going to enjoy every last second with this girl before she is a big sister…
IMG_6662
I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 3.5 years with just Mia.  I am so thankful for this girl, my first born princess and the one who stole my heart.

I love my girls!!

No comments: