Wednesday, April 21, 2010

work, work, work...

Yesterday was ROUGH!!  Dave and I have decided to give our 2 little yorkies away because of the lack of time and attention they receive.  This decision was one of the hardest decisions I've made.  We had those dogs for 3 and 4 years, they were our babies!  However, since having Mia their quality time with us has been greatly reduced and they aren't used to that.  So we had to stop being selfish and give them a better life.  We found a younger girl who LOVED the dogs and wants to spoil them!  Her name is Ashley and I love her for this.  She even promised to text me, send pics of them to me and promised that I could visit whenever I wanted!  Now, with this being said, don't think I didn't cry ALL day and struggle with this decision right up until the moment we dropped them off. 
Before we dropped them off I went to eat lunch with my twin, my other best friend Toni!  She is going through a lot right now with her family and I was stressed as well so we just needed to "get away" and relax and talk!  We are SO much alike it's scary! 


Our fave food-SUSHI!


YUMMY!


My love being bashful ;)

Oh and Toni also brought me a "relaxing" present to help me get through the dog thing...thank the Lord because I needed it!  BUT, not only did I need that, I needed my husband, my rock, to go with me.  I needed to have a support team present because that is a HARD thing to do!  Have you ever had to do something like that, where you knew it was the best thing to do, but for selfish reasons you didn't want to?  Have a dog(s) that is like a family member?
So, I did it, it's over!  I feel a sense of relief, but also empty.  I miss their annoying little habits and their stinky little kisses!  However I have already texted with Ashley multiple times and she says they are doing great and that she has already went shopping for them!  I can't wait to see them again!  Annie and Gunner, I love you forever and mommy misses you so, so much!

 
**********Change of subject***********
I was going to start by saying "Today I HAD to get up and go to work" but I thought about it for a second and I should rephrase that and say "Today I was priveleged enough to wake up and see my family and go to my job and eat and drink and see the sun shining!"  Praise Jesus!  It was a busy day today but you know what made it great day?  Dave brought Mia up to work to see me and have lunch with me!  We even got to sit outside and eat!
With all of the stress that life brings, there is always good in the end, a light at the end of the tunnel.  You can't see it while you are going through it, but in the end it will click and you will say "AHA, thats why God did that! Man He's amazing!"  I know I don't always practice what I preach because if you ask any of my friends they will tell you I am the biggest stressing, hypochondriac, worry wart, freaking out ball of anxiety!  But I can tell you that I try harder and harder every day and that is what counts! 

2 comments:

CJA said...

great post! im glad i could be there for you, or that you picked me to be there, makes jaelyn and i feel good! someday Mia and Jaelyn willbe doing the same thing... kinda... it will prob be more along the lines of stalking a ex's car or egging the girl that helped the guy break one of their hearts... anyway either way ... they will be each others rock and i will be yours! lymic

Whitney said...

Love this post....sounds like even though we are long lost childhood besties, we are alot alike also. I am a freak of nature when it comes to worrying and anxiety. I'm glad you have wonderful friends to be there for you, and of course I know your family is amazing!!