Thursday, April 29, 2010

FaMiLy DaY!!

Today we had a "family day" because I have barely been able to see my husband all week and was missing him.  Sunday I worked, Monday Dave took Mia to the doctor while I went with Pam to her doctor appt., Tuesday Pam was in labor and had Liam and Wednesday I worked all day.  So needless to say I only saw Dave in passing and I was really sad.  Dave was going on 3-4 hours of sleep per night, keeping Mia all through the day and driving out of his way to drop her off at Meme and Poppy's house and then going to work and working hard all night just so I could go and do all of the things I needed to do.  I am married to such an amazing man.  Yes, we fight and argue like most all married couples, but at the end of the day, we are best friends til the end!  He sacrifices everything he has in order for us to have what we need/want and doesn't complain.  I love him very much and feel truly blessed to have him all to myself!!

This morning when Mia woke up we picked up the house a little bit, went to the grocery, had the car washed and picked lunch up for daddy all while he was getting his well deserved sleep. When we got home we woke him up, had lunch and then ran some errands.


Watching the car go through the car wash...

My spiffy ride!

We went to a bridal consignment store to drop off my wedding dress and two brides maid dresses since we are trying this whole "simplifying life" thing!  Then we dropped Dave off to tan and Mia and I went to the neighborhood WalMart to get CHOCOLATE animal crackers! YUM!

Eating her chocolate animal cracker!

only found at "neighborhood" walmart's!

getting his tan on!

After that we went and bought Mia some more bows, as if she needs them, and then finished up by giving the dogs very needed baths!


Diesel and Tyson

Tys...

Diesley...

After daddy went to work Mia and I ate dinner and packed a few more boxes for the move!  She had mixed veggies, a grilled cheese (which she spit out EVERY bite haha), and mango baby food.

Silly girl!

Helping mommy pack!

Now Mia is sound asleep from her busy day and mommy is getting ready to go lay in bed and watch Grey's Anatomy.  I truly enjoyed our family day!

Oh, one other thing...
I have a family that is weighing heavily on my heart tonight as they are fighting for their son's life.  They are being faced with many tough decisions that pertain to his life.  I, as a nurse, understand completely, but me as a mom, want to cry for them as I don't have a clue what I would do in that situation.  All I know is that God is good all the time and that prayers truly work.  You all know Mia's odds were stacked AGAINST her too, but she is here and healthy.  So could you please just say a prayer for them tonight?!  Help them to praise God even through this storm...

No comments: