Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Boy was I off...

I think with my last post I left the impression that Mia was on the *uphill* swing of things.  Well, that's what I thought at that point.  Through the middle of that night, she woke up AGAIN with a fever of 103.  Another round of medicine.  After 4 straight days of this, I honestly feel that I am "poisoning" my child, per se.  I feel like I need to detox her.  But what do you do?  I can't let her just have a fever and be absolutely miserable.  The fever, medicine, fever, medicine dance continued until the late afternoon, and I was OVER it.  She was not drinking much, not having wet diapers and just looked pitiful...

My poor girl curled up on the couch

This? Breaks. My. Heart.  I was so over it at this point that I just started bawling and called my mom.  Who else?  I was sobbing about how she was drinking and was miserable and how I can't take this anymore.  I was packing her bags and we were headed to the hospital!  My girl needed some fluids people!  Mom immediately left to come over to go to the hospital with me and stopped to get some pedialyte and Popsicles on her way.

*Side note:  I have the BEST mom, EVER.  She is my best girl friend and I love her so much!*

I figured before I left I should probably page Mia's on-call pediatrician before I made any rash decisions.  Within 5 minutes, Dr. Kim (Uh-mazing) called back and we had about a 30 minute discussion!  He explained to me that since she was not puking or having diarrhea, that he was not THAT concerned to where she needed to be hospitalized.  He told me that if her condition worsened or remained status quo in the morning that I would need to bring her in to be re-evaluated.  The fever doesn't worry them because that is the immune system "kicking it into high gear."  However, the momma is petrified of 104.8.  Mmm k?  Being the sweet man that he is, he said that being a nurse he was not as concerned because I had "covered all the bases and wouldn't miss anything important."  No pressure there.  At all.  Again, I am a mom first!  I wish no one even knew I was a nurse!  It's like they *expect* more from you than other moms.  I will be the first to tell you...I AM DUMB WHEN IT COMES TO MY KID!!!   I'm sure by the time we got off of the phone he thought I was a psycho  an overly worried mom.  I thought it was funny because after all of the "nurse" talk, he basically said "not that I am relying on you to use your skill, because you get to be mom tonight and I'm here if you need me.  BUT I do feel comfortable with her being home with you."  Umm...thanks?

That was waaaayyy to drawn out.  Sorry about that.  Long story short: Dave came home from work to be with us and Mia actually slept through the night.  Her fever has FINALLY come down, she is taking liquids, eating a little and having plenty of wet diapers now.  Praise God.  I didn't know how much longer I was going to be able to take it!  Here is her earlier today...

Much different from yesterday!


Healthy baby=Happy mommy!

After being in the house for five straight days I felt like the walls were closing in on me, so mom, dad and Ben came to visit!  YAY!!  We had some dinner and played cards!  Mia just loves seeing her meme, poppy and uncle B!

Poppy WINNING of course!!

I think I am officially able to say that we are past this horrible virus!  Thank you all for you support and prayers!

Have a great day!


Photobucket

No comments: