Sunday, January 9, 2011

Gym, 21 months, contentment

Let me start by saying, Mia is all better!  Praise Jesus!  It only took five days of losing my insanity, but she is back in full force!  Now on to the other stuff.... :)

Finally, after almost 2 weeks, I was able to start with my New Years resolutions!  I had to skip workouts and the first Sunday of the new year at church because of Mia's little virus.  However, I got to workout this weekend and it felt AMAZING!  I was so pumped about going, I drank a Redline (energy drink) to get me started.  Big mistake.  Ya know?  I'm one of those people who "go all the way or don't go at all" type.  Yeah.  After months of not working out, starting with a Redline and hardcore Cardio was so freaking dumb  probably not a smart choice!  Shortly after I finished my 30 minutes of insanity on the Precor, I started feeling...well, a little lightheaded.  Oh, and mind you, I did that on an empty stomach too.  DUMB.  And I know it's dumb, I just did it.  I started feeling progressively worse and I told Dave we had to go get something to eat.  Like ASAP.  Ha!

We decided to have lunch at Jason's Deli, which is deeeelish!  If you've never eaten there, you should.  It has lots of healthy and organic options and the price is very reasonable!

My low cal, organic turkey wrap!

Mia's organic PB&J and apples


YUM!  Apple juice!  And would you just look at those mischievous eyes.

After lunch I felt much better and although I would love to tell you that I learned my lesson, I will be having a Redline with all future workouts as well (food first though)! Ha!  :)

Today, it hit me.  Yesterday Mia was 21 months!  The months go by like minutes to me.  Here are some highlights:

Mia you...

*Have 16 teeth!
*Wear a size 4 diaper
*Wear size 24 months-2T clothes (pants 18 months for my short legged lady!)
*Weigh 25 lbs
*Sleep about 12 hours per night and 1 nap for about 1.5 hours per day
*Wear size 6-7 shoe
*Your favorite shows are:  Elmo, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Backyardigans
*Your favorite toys are:  Baby dolls
*You love your pink blankie
*You say so many words I can't even count.  However, you aren't QUITE putting them all together just yet.
*You now nod your head "Yes" to certain questions appropriately
*My favorite moment this week:  You say Willy, which sounded like "lilly." So cute!
*I started you on the "My Baby Can Read" program.  You LOVE it!
*You hold the camera or my phone up and say "Chheeeessssee."  Thanks to mama paparazzi!
*You have so much personality and spunk!

*This past month you started being reallllly sassy!  I put you in timeout and you sit over in the corner and just wave and smile at me!  It's so hard not to laugh!  When I tell you to get up, you come over and I hug you, tell you what you did wrong and then tell you that I love you.  When all of that is done, you go back over to the corner and sit, smile and wave!  Ha!  Guess that punishment isn't really working!

*Your temper is Re-dic for a 21 month old!  When you get mad or something doesn't go your way, you throw something on the floor or at someone (which is usually why you go to time out), and say UGH.  As if what we had done really ticked you off.  Can't believe the NERVE we have!  Haha!

*You are my precious little girl that I absolutely love to watch grow into your own little person.  I can't believe you are mine.  I definitely don't deserve you, but am so glad God blessed me with you!  I love you baby girl!  Forever and Ever.






Finally, I HAVE to talk about the message at church today.  We started a series of New Years resolutions that you should add to your list.  Most people make resolutions that fall into categories such as health, relationships and finances.  GUILTY.  The resolution we made today was to be "content."  We, as human beings, are always wanting more.  We say things like "if I could only land that job", or "if I could only get pregnant" *THEN* we would be happy.  But when we get that job or get pregnant, an all new series of wants comes along.  I am so guilty of this.  I felt as if God was talking directly to me at church today.  Like pointing His finger in front of all the congregation at ME.  I mean, Dave and I have moved 3 times in our 3 years of marriage.  We've had new cars, had a baby and we still want more.  We want another baby and I feel like I would be satisfied if I could only have another child.  Truth is: would I REALLY be satisfied? 
I also always love to dress Mia to the nines.  While I wear the same fleece pullover 4 days per week, Mia always has something cute on.  And I CAN'T stop!  I'm always on-line shopping for clothes for her.  It's SICK!  I'm SICK!  The moral of the story is that I can NEVER be content without Jesus.  My WANT is to be content with what God gives me and His plan for me.  I wish I could say I thought of this resolution on my own, but my shallow mind/heart only saw superficial goals.

Proverbs 30: 8-9:  Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.  Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the LORD?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

Philippians 4:11-13:  I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

1 Timothy 6:6-8:  But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.  But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Susan said...

Reading about being content was just what I needed. Thanks for sharing that message!