Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Grant, Academy Award, Edamame

Today I got to visit baby Grant and his momma Toni.  Toni is one of my best friends and Grant has been long awaited for.  It felt so good to see him and hold him and spend time with them.  You can just *feel* the love she has for him.  Not that any other mom doesn't love their child, but this is one we just didn't know if we would get.  She is truly blessed with such a handsome, healthy little man!

Perfect baby boy ♥

We decided he looks like his mama...

Lets hope he doesn't act like her too!  HAHA! j/k Toni!

Precious

During my visit, Grant initiated me.  Kind of like a glad-you're-my-aunt-here's-a-present type of initiation.  When I changed his diaper, I thought I was being slick by *covering* him up.  Instead, he decided he would be funny and poop everywhere.  NO.  Really.  Shooting poop everywhere!  He's quite the comedian.  Glad I love him!

After that little fun visit, I came home and spent time with my princess.  Y'all?  Seriously, I'm nominating my child for an Academy Award.  I've never seen such acting in all my life.  She can turn on the tears as fast as you can blink and in that same blink turn them back off and laugh.  She is a dag on hoot I tell ya.  Lord help me for the teenage years.  Y'all might have to come visit me in the loony bin!  HA!

Extreme change of subject....

I, as well as some other mommas, have been having some trouble getting the kiddos to eat veggies.  Mia will tear up some fruit and chicken and other healthy stuff, but greens just really aren't her thing.  However, I have found that she LOOOVVEESS Edamame, or soy beans.  They remind me of snap peas, kind of.  They are all natural and are a good source of protein.  They come in little individual steam bags and are perfect size for a healthy snack!




After I peel them




She approves and so do I!


Photobucket

3 comments:

The Good, The Bad, & The Family said...

My 4yr old is a major picky eater as well. We discovered his love of edamame two years ago. He loves the stuff!

Margaret (@goodbadfamily)

Lauren said...

I wish I would have known she would love it a long time ago! So glad she will eat something green! Haha

Jillian said...

I wish I could get Em to eat those beans!