Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Toddler tantrums and a shopping trip

Let me start by saying this blog entry has TWO things going on simultaneously.  First off, Mia and I were scheduled to go on a shopping trip with my friends Lori and Christy and all of our girls.  Well, yesterday I was talking with Laura, a friend on Twitter, about our toddlers tantrums.  She said her son Cameron has multiple meltdowns through the day. HA!  I told her that he met his match with Mia!  So we decided to document all of the tantrums that occurred today, blog about them and link our blogs together to see which toddler acted more like a monster had more acts of misbehavior!  You can read about Cameron's meltdowns HERE!

The day started out pretty smoothly around here.  We got up, had a healthy breakfast, got a bath and then headed out to the mall!  All was calm at the beginning.  BUT, that was the calm before the storm! HA!

Exhibit A...

I honestly don't even know why she got upset here.

Poor baby!

Brinlee playing with Mia, trying to make her feel better!

The 3 girls! Nadia, Brinlee and Mia!

Exhibit B...

This is the mad "hulk smash" as I call it, where she throws her arms down and hits the stroller.

Tantrum totally resolved once she got her way and got to pet the mannequin dog! Haha!

Exhibit C...

The whiny-mad.  I'm not getting my way so I'm gonna whine about everything you try to do or give me.  Hmph!

Still whining...

After the previous meltdowns, we decided to get a bite to eat!

Christy and Nadia♥

Lori and Brinlee♥ (Oops, I mean Trent! Ha)

Mia and I!  Notice: NO smiles from my lovely...

After eating we did some more walking around and got the girls some stickers and fake tattoos to play with.

Enter Exhibit D...

Holy cow!  It was the mother of all meltdowns!  She did NOT want that on her! I think she has a little OCD!

I believe I have had enough at this point, so we went home so the princess could rest her weary head.  That crown gets heavy, ya know?!


Poor thing didn't even make it home...

Finally, after a 2 hour nap, my lady woke up in a *good* mood!  YAY nap time!  However, we had to go for a little drive to pick daddy up from work.  And God forbid we take a car ride without the royal heiness' DeedleDee (her way of saying DVD!).  ::cue another breaking point::

Exhibit E...

The classic car meltdown.  "Are you kidding me, I'm not getting my way again?!"

So folks, that about sums up our day.  FIVE meltdowns later and we are ready for bed!  Shew.  With all of that being said, I have a beautiful, *healthy* child, so I will take every fit she throws and cherish every minute of her.  The terrible two's?  BRING IT!

Does your toddler act this way?  Please tell me you are right there with me?!


Photobucket

7 comments:

SassyCassie said...

Ahaha! Poor Mia! I loved this! She is so cute, even during her tantrums!

Laura said...

She is so precious! Gotta love this age. :)

Lauren said...

Thanks girls!!

Bron said...

Great picture of you and Mia! I have an 8 month old that already knows how to throw a good fit! Great! I will most definitely be right there with you, and of course every mother is or will be too! It's a kid thing.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful pictures! She is so cute even without smiling!
Greenville SC Massage

Becoming Supermommy said...

Ha!
I found you by clicking "Random" at Top Mommy Blogs. Your daughter is adorable, and about the same age as mine!

I recently learned about the toddler meltdown. You are a zen master, lady.

http://becomingsupermommy.blogspot.com/2011/02/stuff-of-nightmares.html

Lauren said...

Thank you girls so much! She is a hot mess for sure! HA!