Sunday, August 14, 2011

Brain leakage...

 I've got to empty my brain.  I have so many things running through it, I can't even think straight!  We have been absolutely LIVING up this summer.  We've had lots of zoo days, hang-out-and-eat-Popsicles-by-the-pool days, splash park days, picking-fresh-fruit-at-the-local-farm days and much more!  This has been such a fun summer, I can't believe its almost over :(





Now that summer IS almost over, it's time for a change.  Starting next week, Mia will start in a Mother's Day Out program twice a week.  It's very bittersweet for me.  I am so happy for her to get to play and socialize with lots of little kiddos her age, yet I'm so sad because she is getting so big.  I feel like I just had my little squishy baby, and now she is a walking, talking, attitude-giving, very active little toddler!  I am confident she will LOVE MDO because she absolutely adores going to Sunday school each week.  She just walks right in like she owns the place and has a great time.





Dave and I have recently started a new adult bible study class after church on Sundays.  We absolutely LOVE it.  We learn so much and have made so many sweet christian friends!  I also get together with the girls every other week for girly-time fellowship.  It's so awesome!  I'm so blessed God put them in my life.




Speaking of our wonderful Father, He also brought another wonderful group to Dave and I.  MERCY (The Marriage Education and Resource Center) is a Christian based organization that's purpose is to help couples have healthy and successful marriages.  MERCY offers free marriage seminars and education to couples to help them grow in their marital relationship.  Dave and I didn't have horrible issues, but we feel that these seminars are "preventative medicine" for our marriage.  We want to do everything in our power for our marriage, not only for us, but for our children, so that they can see what a God focused marriage should look like.  With that being said, we are FAR from perfect, we have our arguments, but the point is, we are TRYING our best, everyday, to make our marriage what God has called it to be.  So far, so good :)



Lastly, my brain has been going super sonic speed thinking about Homeschooling Mia.  This is something my heart really feels is the best for my child.  I still have lots of research and praying to do, but I do feel strongly about this option.  However, I do not, by any means, think anything is wrong with sending my child to school, I just would like to explore the options of teaching her myself.  There are multiple pros and cons of each situation, so I will evaluate and make the best decision for my child.  Thankfully, I still have lots of time!

Oh, and here are some of my new favorite websites...

These are all about family, learning/teaching:
www.2teachingmommies.com
www.imom.com
www.tipjunkie.com

These are regarding healthy kid meal ideas:
www.nourishingmeals.com
www.realsimple.com

There!  I feel so much better emptying that all out!  Now I have more room to think.  HA :)


Photobucket

No comments: