Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Completely UN-related ramblings...

Today was one of those days that you just LOVE.  It started out with my girl waking up at NINE THIRTY (yes!), some cuddle time/breakfast/Mickey Mouse, then cleaning my car, lunch with daddy, my hair appt (TWO whole uninterupted mommy hours), more cuddle time/reading with Mia, lunch on the go from Chik-fil-a, a trip to Lifeway Christian bookstore and finally a trip to Whole Foods for Mia's groceries!  Whew!  Sounds like a LOT, but I loved it. After we got home from our errands, it was time for Mia's nighttime beauty ritual :)  After that I prayed with my girl and rocked her to sleep (my favorite part)!  Now I am doing some cleaning and laundry before bed.  Totally productive and fun day :)


Y'all?  Seriously, my child is getting so good with her manners.  I'm not trying to brag, but I am so proud of her.  About 75% of the time she will say "pwease" and "taint you" without being commanded.  The other day we were walking through the mall and I sneezed.  She innocently looked up at me and said "besh you momma!"  ::insert melted heart::  I am trying my hardest to mold this child into a healthy, God loving, civilized human being and eventually a wonderful contributor to society.  This whole mommy hood gig?  Hardest job EVER!  But totally worth every minute!  Now all of this goes without saying that she definitely has her terrible toddler moments, but that's just par for the course. HA!


Something interesting that has developed recently is her terrible fear of heights.  I have NO idea why because Dave and I are not scared of heights at all.  Maybe she gets it from her Poppy :)  I can literally put her up on the bathroom sink to brush her teeth and she clings to me with her arms and legs like a little tick! HAHA I guess it's just a natural fear for some?!


Every night we have this sweet little ritual that I hope doesn't plan on leaving any time soon.  Before bed each night, Mia grabs her blankie and says "Momma, rock you" for me to go to her room and rock her in the glider.  We go in there, sit down and she immediately says "momma, Jesus?" as she is wanting me to pray with her.  She puts her little hands together and squints her eyes and bows her head.  When we are finished she says "Amen! Momma, Jesus?"  This is her Que that she now wants me to sing "Jesus Loves Me."  We sing the song (she sings "bible so") and then she nestles her little head in my chest and we rock.  Sometimes she will fall asleep, other times she will look up at me and say "momma, nigh night" when she is ready to be put in bed.  I savor these moments.  I know not long from now she won't want to be rocked, so I am absorbing every ounce of sweetness I can get!  You like how she always addresses me before saying anything, don't ya?!  HAHA!

My lady is really impressing me with how well she is doing in "school."  The teachers always say how good she is and she takes her nap every day.  She goes right in every morning without hesitation.  At the end of every day she gets a "report card."  Hers always (so far) says "Great Day!"  I think she is really liking interacting with all of the kids.  After all, she does go to MDO, Sunday school AND Awana!!

Last but not least I just wanted to record some of the books I've read, am currently reading and going to read.

*Heaven is Real by Todd Burpo.  This was about a little boys encounter with heaven.  After reading it, you are ready to go to heaven :)

*I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek.  This book is wonderful.  It is basically going through all of the science, reasoning and evidence of why God IS real.  

*Jesus Calling devotional by Sarah Young.  Daily devotional that happens to know EXACTLY what you are going through that day :)

*The Parent Adventure by Rodney and Selma Wilson.  I haven't started this one yet but it is basically teaching parents how to prepare their children for a meaningful lifetime with God.

*Don't Make Me Count to Three! by Ginger Plowman.  I literally JUST started this book, but it's another parenting book. (Hey, I need ALL the help I can get! HA)  Helps moms move beyond frustrations of not knowing how to handle issues of disobedience and into a confident, well-balanced approach to raising their children.

*Seeking Him. Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival by Nancy DeMoss and Tim Grissom.  This is actually a book/study guide for a new women's bible study starting this Thursday at church.  I'm pumped!

*So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore.  Actually, I have the devotional journal, but their are readings and scripture quoted throughout.

Coming from someone who doesn't care for reading, this is a big list!  However, I find the more that I read about Jesus, get more involved in church, the more addicted I become.  I long for more and literally can't get enough! 

Today?  Was fabulous!


Photobucket

No comments: