Monday, September 12, 2011

Football, discipline and doctors visit

Saturday we traveled down to Bowling Green with our friends Philip and Melissa to watch the WKU/Navy football game.  The weather was beautiful up until the very minute we stood up for the National Anthem, which is when the rain started falling.  That's totally OK though because it cooled it down and made for a fun story with everyone scurrying out of the stands to seek cover!



Yep, that's me.  Totally wearing a Louisville shirt.  Whatev :)

After the game we went to eat some yummy sushi at Yuki.  We laughed so hard my cheeks hurt and we ran the table off that was behind us!  HA!  But hey, we had a kid-free night, we were having fun!  We didn't get home until about 1:30 in the morning and this momma?  Was feeling it!  However, that is not to say that I didn't look at my kids pictures, call and check on her or talk about her most of the night!

Sunday was my idea of a perfect day.  We went to church, stopped by the grocery for some "football" food, came home and lounged with the hubby, baby and Meme, Poppy and B.  We ate and watched football and talked for hours.  It was the ideal Sunday :)

Today Mia had a short day of school because she had her endocrinologist appointment.  This appointment was a check up AND a blood draw.

Looking at all the cars go by...

My heart, walking around outside my body ♥

Every since Mia was little she has loathed the doctors office.  She's went through so much in her little 2 years of life that I can't blame her.


Love bug :)


We try to make it as fun as it can be and bribe her with a "sicker" when she's done.  That actually worked today!

She typically screams even when they just "listen" to her, but she did GREAT today!  

My little trooper getting her "ouchie"

Now I am going to have some quiet time while the princess gets her beauty rest and daddy goes to work!

OH!  I wanted to document that I have been implementing new discipline techniques since reading multiple books on raising toddlers.  It has been working wonders!!  I never raise my voice and she responds so well. I get her to look me in the eyes so that I know I have her attention, correct her on what she was doing wrong and why, tell her she was disobeying and that Jesus says to honor your mommy and daddy, ask her if she understands and then follow up with a spanking.  She responds by saying "yes ma am." After her spanking I tell her that I love her too much to allow sin to take root in her heart and then kiss and hug her.  And guess what??  She usually obeys that and doesn't do it again.  We have seen dramatic improvement in her "terrible two" behavior.  Praise the Lord for awesome instruction!!!


Photobucket

No comments: