Friday, September 2, 2011

Little Treasures, Chuys and Girls Night!

I started my "Seeking Him" bible study yesterday morning.  We didn't get into much content yet, just broke up into our small groups, chatted and did prayer requests.  I am in a group with some lovely ladies and I think this next 12 weeks is really going to a wonderful learning and growing in faith experience.  Can't wait until next week!

Yesterday Mia and I ventured out for what turned out to be an ALL-day-and-night trip.  First we headed to the Little Treasures consignment sale with our friends Toni and her son Grant and Dana with her daughter Addilyn.  I found SO many great deals, including a knee-length sweater coat from Janie and Jack, that was BRAND NEW for $25.00!!!  If you haven't heard of Janie and Jack, you are missing out on some absolutely precious, yet most of the time over my budget, clothes!  So needless to say when I bought 2 brand new outfits from there at a fraction of the cost, this momma was thrilled :)

After our little shopping adventure, we headed to Chuy's Mexican restaurant for some delicious lunch...

Mommy and Grant

Dana and Addy

Me and my little love

Spending the day with two little, yet chunky, squishy babies, made my uterus ache! HA!  Mia just looks so big compared to them.  I can not even remember her ever being that little.  Oh, how time flies. ::insert some old really sappy pity party song::  (I'm thinking maybe something from Leann Womack?) HA HA :)

 
Cheeks!

Look at that worried look would ya?!  Him takes after his mommy ;)  
We are already setting up a prearranged marriage for these two.  Could you imagine the cheeks and eyes their offspring would have?!

My hot mess!

She actually didn't care that I was holding another baby.  Usually she gets so mad when I hold a baby.  Maybe that is a sign she's ready for a sibling?? ;)

Mia is such a little mommy.  She was totally concerned about these babies.  Just precious!

On our was home I allowed Mia to eat one of her organic cookies (that are basically just like Oreos without all the bad, 14 letter ingredients that no one knows what they are), and this was the result...

I'd say she enjoyed it, eh?

Once we were done with lunch, Mia and I headed home for just enough time to get her a bath, change clothes and head back out to Girls night bible study.  I always take my camera to get a picture of these amazing girls, but somehow I never get around to it!  Next time, put your makeup on girls, we ARE getting a pic :)

Last nights bible study was so amazing, just like every one of them, but this time we discussed marriage roles.  We referenced many different passages of scripture, but 1 Peter 3 is what I really enjoyed.  It goes like this:
"Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives."  The main topic we discussed was what exactly is submitting to your husband?  Now I know a lot of people will read this and disagree.  However, submission is out of love and respect for your husband.  Likewise, God says husbands are to love their wives like Christ loved the church.  That is some intense love if you ask me!  So wouldn't you think that if your husband loved you THAT much, he wouldn't want you to be submissive to control you, but to protect you?  He will take into account your feelings and opinions.  

Being completely honest, this is something that I have struggled with.  Being that I am Type A personality, I like to control the situation and feel that I am just as capable as ANY man to make decisions.  Yes, I may very well be just as capable, however, by me being respectful and submissive to my husband, I am strengthening my relationship with the Lord!  So, not only will my marriage be blessed and my child be able to respect her parents and learn what a Christian relationship should look like, but I AM getting closer to God!  That is great news to me!

Overall, it was a fantastic night and I LOVE, love, love talking with these girls.  They have so much wisdom and encouragement to give, and they give it openly and freely.  They are all truly a blessing to me and I am SO excited our paths crossed.



Photobucket

1 comment:

SassyCassie said...

Hey, I love Dana! Looks like a good day! :)