Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Birthday, a rough week and lactation visits

The second week home did not go nearly as smoothly as the first.  I think the adrenaline of having a new baby had worn off and everyone went back to work and resumed normal life.  I was exhausted and hit a wall.  Dave’s TWENTY NINTH birthday was Saturday the 26, which he had to work :(  The following Monday I felt like absolute garbage.  I was nauseous, weak, out of energy, etc.  I tried to just suck it up but it was nearly impossible.  I could barely pry myself out of the bed.  The next day was worse and Dave had to call in to work because I felt so horrible that I could barely function.

I think it was multiple things, like the Zoloft getting regulated in my system, my hormones going crazy, not eating or taking my vitamin AND breastfeeding.  Long story short, I felt terrible the rest of the week and finally started feeling better by the weekend.  I was still not great, but didn’t feel like I was on the brink of death anymore!

That next Saturday, Dave’s parents came over for a low key birthday celebration for Dave and his dad.  We had Mexican take out and an ice cream cake for dessert.  Unfortunately, my appetite still wasn’t back, so I didn’t have any.  But don’t worry, Mia enjoyed enough for the both of us :)

IMG_6852IMG_6855

 

Our hospital has a free outpatient Lactation clinic that has come in handy for me.  We went on January 30, and Finley weighed 7-6.  She helped me with latch and positioning and gave me lots of good tips!  We went again on February 7, and Finley weighed 8-5!!  Obviously I’m doing something right! HA!

However, even though little miss is doing well, I have been battling cracked and damaged nipples.  Too much info?  Sorry, but this is for my records :)  When we went to our appointment on the 7th, the LC noticed a spot that had still not healed up and thought I should call my OB to have it checked out.  Keep in mind that at this time, I still don’t feel great.  Still kind of weak and achy and just blah. 

I called and made an appointment for the next Monday.  Sure enough, Mastitis.  No wonder I feel like crapola!!

3 weeks postpartum.  Evidence of feeling like crap…

IMG_6861

 

Although I didn’t feel like a million bucks, I felt good enough to snap a few pics of my little!

DSC_0014DSC_0015

DSC_0012DSC_0016

DSC_0017DSC_0020

DSC_0003DSC_0008

DSC_0004DSC_0005

 

I may be a little bias, but I think I have some beautiful kids ;)

No comments: