Monday, October 21, 2013

Finley’s 9 month appointment and STATS

Today was Finley’s nine month doctor appointment.  I always love going to the well  visits, because I get to see the best pediatrician and I get to brag on my babies a little bit!  Plus I love to know their stats and how they are growing, etc..

IMG_0411

A couple waiting-in-the-room selfies to pass the time.  And because we are silly like that! HA!
IMG_0413IMG_0414

IMG_0410IMG_0412

Finley’s nine month STATS:
Weight: 15lbs 5 ounces- 9-10%
Length: 26 3/4 inches- 25%
Head: 17 1/2 inches- 75%

I was totally alarmed by her weight.  She went from the 25% to the 10% on the curve.  Although Dr. Kim was not concerned and told me to look at the baby!  She looks and acts totally healthy and appropriate!, I still can’t help but look at the stupid numbers!  I asked if I should supplement, (I am totally NOT one of those ANTI formula, ALL boob, kind of gals) because quite frankly, I was thinking I should.  The doctor told me I didn’t have to, but it was my choice.  After talking to friends, LC’s and nurses, everyone (AFTER their initial shock of her being so little, because she looks so fluffy) all thought I was ok to NOT supplement.  Honestly, I am still contemplating it.  I love nursing her (and I still will until she is 12 months), but I kind of feel like a failure. ??  Like, am I starving her?  She is meeting all of her milestone and is a completely content and happy baby, but I can’t help but feel bad.  Has anyone else ever been through this?

As far as the length, sorry sister, mama is a shorty :)
As far as the head, you get that from yo’ daddy!  HAHA

All in all, my baby is totally age appropriate, and I need to focus on that.  Babies come in all shapes and sizes :)

And no matter what the size, this one is one of my favorites !!

IMG_0409

No comments: