Monday, March 19, 2012

One heck of a weekend | The House of Huff

We did so much. But not a lot.  Ya know?  It was weird.

A fun-and-mostly-good-but-some-bad type of weekend.

Friday night Mia and I just laid low and hung out at the house…

IMG_4579IMG_4589

My little goober.

Daddy sent me a picture of our gift…

IMG_4584

We aren’t going to tell Mia until the day we go!  It’s her birthday surprise!!

 

Saturday we we an ate lunch at Mark’s Feed Store and then went to spend some time at the park with Poppy and B!

IMG_4591

We came home after the park and took a little nap.  After nap was Uncle Charlie’s birthday party, so we went there to celebrate for a while!

Unfortunately, I couldn’t really enjoy it because every since I’ve had my gallbladder out, I’ve not quite been able to eat much without feeling sick.  Not much of an appetite and get kind of nauseous after I eat.  I've been told that is normal for a little bit after surgery and I’m not quite 2 weeks out, so I’m hoping they are right!

 

Sunday Mia woke up with a little cough and congestion.  I figured since we had had the windows open that it was most likely allergies.  I decided to give her some Claritin.  I’ve heard horror stories about Zyrtec and the way it affects kids moods, so I went with Claritin.

Never. Again.

She was in the most foul mood EVER.  Whiny about EVERYTHING, attitude out of control and so groggy she looked like she had been drinking!  HA!

We went to church anyway and then stopped by to visit Noona, Ky-wool and the boys before heading to Grant’s FIRST birthday party.  I figured if anybody would be able to get her out of her bad mood, it would be them!! 

As it turns out, she DID have fun.  Maybe a little too much fun considering she was *under the influence.*  She was running with the boys, tripped and fell.  Not just any ole fall, either.  She looked up and her face was covered in blood.  I couldn’t even tell if it was from her mouth or nose.  She was screaming and, you know the nurse, was freaking out on the inside.  I held it together for her though and got her all cleaned up.  It was coming from her nose and it took a good 10 minutes to get it to stop bleeding. Dave, Mia and I were all covered in blood.  Mia’s cute little dress, my jeans, everywhere.  Scared the beejeez out of me.

IMG_4596

Ahh, motherhood.

After that little incident, we decided to not ruin the birthday party and just take our poor baby home.  Mia and I napped while daddy cut the grass.  After she woke up, she was a bit better, so we went outside, had popsicles and colored with chalk.

IMG_4627IMG_4628IMG_4631

 

My girl woke up with a low grade fever this morning.  I’m not quite sure if it was a combination the HOT going on inside the house or a sickness.  Considering she was a grump-o-saurus when she woke up and was all sneezy and coughy and congested, I’m assuming it was sick related.  I gave her some Motrin, NO Claritin :)

I don’t know about where you live, but here?  It got up to 84 degrees.  Um, March?? 

I had to turn on the air.  We were all miserable and couldn’t sleep well because it was so stuffy in the house.

Once the Motrin kicked in Daddy, Mia and I took a little trip to the library.  We checked out some movies and played with blocks!

IMG_4609

Funniest thing ever…

On our way home we had all the windows rolled down and Mia kept telling daddy, “Daddy! Turn it off!”  We didn’t know what she was talking about until we looked in the backseat…

IMG_4611

HAHA!!  She was wanting the window up because it was blowing her hair all in her face!  Dave said, “You want me to turn the wind off?” and Mia said, “yeah!”  Silly girl!

After daddy left for work Meme came over to visit!  We played some t-ball and played with bubbles and our water table!

IMG_4614IMG_4615

IMG_4612

Like her momma :)

IMG_4618IMG_4623

 

Once she was sufficiently freezing we came in, made some pink lemonade cookies and took baths.

IMG_4633IMG_4636

While I was putting in these in the oven…

IMG_4632IMG_4634

This happened.  Just helped herself out.  HA!

Now were are sitting here watching Cinderella!

IMG_4638

 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year! 

 

IMG_4629

So sorry for the useless information and cute picture overload :)

 

 

1 comment:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Sounds like a good weekend (minus the sickness and blood :)

Cute pics. She is a doll!