Monday, May 14, 2012

Big deals going on around here

This weekend was full of celebrations! Saturday was my 13 year anniversary (not wedding) being with Dave, Sunday was Mother’s Day and Today was dad’s birthday!
Saturday Dave and I took Mia to eat and to the movies to celebrate with us. 
DSC_0027
Just playing with my new baby and mothers day present: Nikon D3100!! Thank you Dave and Mia :)
DSC_0035DSC_0036
More experimenting.  I’ll get better, it’s just gonna take time.  There is SO much to learn!
My mom worked on Mother’s Day, so we got to spend some time with her Saturday.  It doesn’t matter what day of the year it is, I celebrate my mom every day.  I am so thankful to God every day I get to spend with her.  This life is so short and goes so fast, that I cherish all the time I get to spend with my family.  My mom is my best girlfriend.  I am so grateful to have her as my mom, but even more thankful that Mia gets to have her as a Meme. An amazing one at that!
Sunday we went to church and then went to spend the day with Dave’s mom and Mia’s Nana.  We ordered some food and just hung out!  It was a nice time :)
DSC_0038DSC_0039
Me and the girl who made me a mommy.  Love her!
DSC_0056
Mia showing her Nana some love :)

We left Mia at Nana and Papaws house while we went to our Secret Church marriage session.  Our church calls it “Marriage Spring Training.”  We get together is small groups, watch a video by David Platt and talk and do a workbook.  We are in a group with couples who have been married for 40+ years and some couples who have been married less than 5 years.  It’s so nice to be able to have mentors that can give good advice, but to also mentor to other couples who haven’t been married for as long as we have.  It was a very great, yet convicting (to me) time and hopefully it will just continue to strengthen our relationship!

Today is my dads birthday!  He worked all day and then came home and we all went to eat at one of our local faves!  Again, I am so thankful to get to spend another birthday with him.  I know he probably has about another 40 years in him, but you never know.  So each day when I get to see and talk to my dad, is a blessing to me.  Some people have lost their dads, some have a strained relationship with their dad and some don’t even know their dad.  But I am fortunate enough to have my dad in my life, who has always been there for me and protected me.  I love my dad more than words could express.  And Mia?  Is CRAZY about that man!
DSC_0075DSC_0077
Poppy and Mia!
DSC_0082

The Lord has been so SO good to me.
My heart is full.

No comments: