Monday, June 17, 2013

Finley is 5 months!

DSC_0263

This may sound bad, but I am sad.  How is my baby already five months old?!  I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s better than the alternative of not having her for the past five months, but man!  Can time s l o w d o w n PLEASE?!

I can look at this girl all day long and be overcome with love.  I am absolutely head-over-heels in love with this kid. She’s pretty awesome.  I feel like an idiot that I even questioned being able to love another child the way that I do Mia. 

DSC_0281

Finley Claire, you are amazing.  The answer to my prayers.  You are super sticky sweet.  You love to be talked to and your sister absolutely cracks you up!!  I love watching the bond form between the two of you!

Your eating and sleeping pattern is still the same as last month.  And I’m good with that. Even though the goal is 12 months, I am already dreading when the time comes when you cease to nurse.  It is just a sweet bond between the two of us.  You still sleep in your bassinet/rocker/sleeper thing, right by my side, in my room.  I don’t plan on changing that any time soon!
You are starting to become really good friends with your paci.  Sister never took one, so I am glad that you have something to be able to soothe yourself.  You also love your blankie, just like mommy and sissy!   You want it right up in your face, and as long as I’m watching you, I let that happen :)
You still do not roll from back to belly, but that is probably mostly my problem.  No one lets you lay by yourself long enough for you to try!  You are simply irresistible!
You can sit up (like the top picture) for just a few seconds, by yourself.  Still wobbly, but you try!

DSC_0257

Sweet girl, I love being your momma.  You have made me so incredibly happy.  I love you forever and ever.

Thank you God for my MANY MANY blessings!

No comments: