Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Train up a child in the way he should go…

And when he is old he will not depart from it.  Proverbs 22:6

So many times as a mother, I feel like I am failing miserably.  I lose my patience, I can’t wait until bed time most nights, I don’t do as much teaching/praying/bible study with them as much as I should, I don’t give them a perfect example to follow (actually not even remotely close to perfect.  Just halfway mediocre, to be honest.), I don’t apologize to them like I should, etc.  The list of imperfections in me is endless.
However, I try.  I try my humanly best.  But the truth is, I will never be good enough without Him.  No matter how hard I try, I will fail.  Daily.  Continuously.  I try to pray before bed, meals and throughout the day, especially with the kids, but it doesn’t always happen.  I try to teach them about the gospel and Jesus’ unfailing love for us undeserving people, but some days, it doesn’t get done.  I try to have them at church every Sunday for Sunday school and Wednesday for AWANA, but some days, we don’t make it.  I try to read my bible and do my bible study daily, but truth is, it doesn’t happen every day.  I am filth fully covered in sin.
But!! I know Who has saved me.  I am thankful for The One who uses me and loves me unconditionally and gives me grace upon grace, not matter how deep in sin I am.  Hallelujah! 

All of that to say, tonight Mia had AWANA, and I went with my favorite High School girls. We didn’t have a lesson today because we had a combined worship service for all of the middle and high school girls and boys.
Getting ready for church!
IMG_0054


Before church we had lunch with this sweet girl, Jamie!

IMG_0058

My little Cubbie!

IMG_0055IMG_0057


After a successful day at church, we came home, per the usual, did our bedtime routine, and then said our night time prayers.  What Mia prayed for absolutely filled my heart with joy.

IMG_0059

HE is working in my girls heart.  He is working in all of the people she is around, teaching her.  He is infinitely able to use ANY of us, whether you think you are worthy or not. 
My heart is so humbled and so full tonight. Thank you Lord, for your selfless, unfailing love.

No comments: