Sunday, December 29, 2013

Girl date with my first born

After church this morning, we all came home and took naps!  Family naps are like a little slice of heaven to me!  After nap time, Mia and I went and had our nails and toes done together.

IMG_1250IMG_1251

IMG_1252

I am a HUGE fan of purposefully spending one-on-one time with each of my girls.  They both need my undivided attention and I think that is totally fair, because I need their undivided attention!  I love both of them in their own special way and feel like I need to nurture each of them.  I’m not one of those moms who think that if one child gets to go do something, then the other should have to tag along or do something as well.  They each get their very own special dates and one-on-one time with me and US as a family.

IMG_1253

This is *one* of my favorite things about being a girl mom. 

I was BORN to be a girl mom.  Not that I wouldn’t LOVE to have a boy, but I think God knew I would do well with girls.  Ahem, that being said, come back and ask me when they are teenagers.  I will probably think God played a cruel joke on me at that time.  HAHA! 
IMG_1259IMG_1260

After our date, we came back home to pick up Daddy and Finley so we could go get some groceries!

And this little lady?  I could eat with a spoon!
IMG_1261

Lately, well, for a long time, actually, I have struggled with the thought of losing one of my girls.  I’m a worrier, everyone knows that, but I hold onto them so tight my knuckles are white.  I fear the worst, all.the.time.  I realize they are Gods children, given (or, loaned) to me, but I can’t bear the thought of losing one of them.  It’s so much that, they, are actually my idol, if you will.  I worship them, more than I worship the One who gave them to me.  I realize this is wrong and have had to pray HARD about this.  Tonight, I came across this verse, and it has helped me tons…

“Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord.  Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children” Lam. 2:19

I am a work in progress.

No comments: