Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mama

Today, we celebrated my moms birthday.  This day is so special to me because it means another year that I got to spend with my mom.  One of my very best friends doesn’t have her mama here with her anymore, so I definitely don’t take her for granted.  I am thankful for my mom, EVERY.DAY.    She is my best girlfriend.  She knows me so well.  I can tell her absolutely anything.  She loves me and my kids unconditionally.  I know that if I need her, she will be there.  She has sacrificed so much of her, for me. 

IMG_5340

Knowing how much she loves me, and knowing a “mother’s love” myself, it’s hard to even fathom Gods love for me, us.  My mom gives me just a hint of what Gods love is like.  I am so thankful to God for allowing me to be her daughter.  My girls are SO lucky to have a Meme love them so much and want to be around them, NON STOP. 

IMG_9159

I still NEED my mom, on so many levels.  When I am sick, I still cry and want my mom.  When I need girl advice, mommy advice, I call my mom.  When I need a shopping buddy, someone to keep the girls for a bit, get a recipe from, I call my mom.  When I need someone for a tag along to a baby shower, someone to cry with, laugh with and just BE with, I call my mom.  She is my best girlfriend.

IMG_8807

I love our relationship and her SO much.  I admire her strength.  She has gone through A LOT in her life.  From loss (because of death), to loss (because of family dynamics), she has remained strong and always on my side.  She doesn’t let me down.

IMG_8326

There are so many people who have lost their mom, don’t have a good relationship with their mom, don’t even know their mom, for that, I am SO grateful that God has allow me to have mine, and have a great relationship with.  Mom, I do not take you for granted.  I appreciate YOU.  I love you, so, so much.

IMG_7425

DSC_0007

So today, we celebrated her!  We went to eat dinner, then came back to the house, ate dessert and played games.  Followed by watching the ball drop.  It was a great time, spent with great people!

IMG_1278IMG_1281

We love you mom!!  Here’s to MANY more!

No comments: