Monday, May 31, 2010

Smart girl, Memorial Day, double ear infection

To catch you up to speed I worked all day Friday, Saturday we had lunch at a favorite local restaurant, hung out with some good friends, had a "school" lesson with Mia to show how smart she is ;), dinner with friends, Sunday went to a family cookout, today to the pediatric acute care...IN A NUT SHELL!

Lunch with daddy!

Here are a FEW of her skills....... :)

showing me her toes!
the sign for "eat"
sign for "more"
part of the sign for "thank you"
saying hello!

I am so proud of her, she is just like a sponge right now.  Everything I do, she mocks me.  She just started this thing where when you "knock" on something, she looks at her hand, makes a little fist and "knocks" on the same thing you are!  She also mocks you when you sneeze!  You sneeze and she goes "AAHHH-th" with a little like lisp!!  She is so cute!  Everything I do, I talk it out so that she picks up on it.  It's amazing what these little ones are capable on doing, learning or understanding.  I truly think she is getting more fun every single day.

Sunday we went to Dave's family cookout for Memorial Day.  Man it was HOTT, but a beautiful day!  I am so thankful for all of the brave men and women out there who serve and protect our country!  I am also thankful for Jesus dying on the cross for my sins.  I am also thankful for God allowing me to have my late grandmother and uncle for as long as I did.  They were amazing people who I loved very much, so on this memorial day especially, I am thinking about them and missing them very much!

Her Memorial Day outfit!

starting to feel a little yucky...

At this point, Mia starting acting "unlike" herself.  She was very CALM (which you should already know is absolutely NOT my child), had groggy eyes and just kind of sat in your lap and didn't care about anything.  I took her inside and noticed that she felt a little warm, but I just thought that maybe it was from being outside.  So I stripped her down, gave her some ice cold water and let her take a nap.  When she woke up from her nap, she was a little fussy, but nothing too terrible.  I started thinking, maybe it's from her teeth, because she did just have her top two molars pop through and her bottom two are very swollen.  I gave her some Tylenol and we went about our day and went swimming!

Mommy and daddy at the cookout

Dave throwing uncle B in the pool

Momma holding her poor baby :(
We got home after the party and took her temperature which was 101.7!!!!  I felt so horrible that I had her out for so long.  It breaks my heart so see her feel bad.  We gave her some Motrin and Pedialyte and went to bed.  Today, we called the doctor and got her into the Pediatric Acute Care center to get her checked out.  I knew it was her ears because this is how she acts EVERY time she gets an ear infection.  After being assessed, the diagnosis is:  DOUBLE EAR INFECTION!  Imagine that....could we please bring the TUBES please??!!  I just don't want her to feel bad anymore, so hopefully insurance will pay for the tubes for my baby girl!

awww....poor thing.

Anywho, thats the news with us!  Back to work tomorrow and the next two days....

No comments: