Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mom’s 50th Birthday

I’ve been a little M.I.A. the past few days because I came down with a horrible stomach bug.  There were times I literally thought I was going. to. die.  I ended up having to make a trip to the ER for some IV fluids and nausea medicine.  I was absolutely miserable.  After we came home from the hospital, I went to bed and mom came to get Mia so we could rest.  A few hours later?  The husband was sick.  He did such a good job taking care of me, but I couldn’t take care of him because I was still under the weather.  So thankful Mia wasn’t home!

I had great plans for mom’s big FIVE O party, but I could barely function!  However, she is the worlds best mom and I had to pull myself together and have her a little party!
mom50-1
DSCF8236
DSCF8240
I wanted to go with a happy and sassy theme versus the morbid over-the-hill theme. I actually had two ideas: Fifty and fabulous AND Fifty and STILL hot!
mom50-2mom50-5
Cupcakes from Kara’s Cupcakes thanks to Cassie for the idea!  Oh, and the “sparkler” candles!
mom50
Hot Tamales, fire balls and hot & spicy Chex mix!
dl
The sicklies.
mom50-4
Mom and dad!
mom50-3
My best girlfriend in the entire world!
Happy happy birthday to my fabulous, foxy and fifty year old mama!  I love you more than you will ever know!  Thanks for being my best girlfriend, the best mom and best Meme ever.  Here’s to 50 more years together!

No comments: