Sunday, January 1, 2012

So long 2011

I’m excited for a new year, a fresh start.  Although I am thankful for 2011, it brought some challenges and heartaches as well.
Some Peaks:
*Mia turned two. I got to celebrate having an amazing little lady in my life for two whole years.  I was able to see her blossom from a toddler to a little girl with lots of personality and spunk.  Her vocabulary went from single words to sentences.  She has a mind of her own and I love it!  She has grown and developed so fast, I can’t even imagine what she will do in 2012!
*We were able to take Mia on her first *beach* vacation!  She absolutely loved the sand and the ocean.  We had such a great time and the memories will last a lifetime!
*We started our ABF class and met some amazing friends!  They have all been such a blessing to us.
*I was finally able to get the perfect work schedule that I have been wanting since I became a nurse!

IMG_2012IMG_2041
Mia in January 2011
IMG_3689christmas eve9
Mia now.  WOW, what a difference a year makes!

Some Pits:
*I had a rough April.  Diagnosed with Panic disorder and an out-of-whack thyroid :( Lots of doctors appointments, blood draws and copays.
*Our continuous struggle with infertility.
*My marriage was put to the test.  However, God had bigger plans and we are now stronger than ever!
Some Praises:
*I survived another year!
*I was able to spend time with those I love the most!
*We had a house to live in, cars to drive, food in our bellies and clean clothes on our backs!

IMG_2458
February 2011
DSCF7492
November 2011
Some Prayers:
*That God's plan and will be done in our lives and that we graciously accept whatever that will is.
*Continuous health and safety for my family and friends.
*Spiritual, physical and emotional health for a loved one.

My mission(s) this year: 
*Spend more quiet time with the Lord and in the word.
*NOT diet, but make *healthier* choices. Ahem, get rid of the sweet tea addiction :)
*Be more physical.  I always fail when I aim for “working out 5 days per week.”  So I am aiming to do *something* physical at least 3 days per week :)  Baby steps right?!  HA!

What are your goals this year?

1 comment:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

The party in the last post was super cute. You and your mom look a lot alike!

The good thing about challenging years is that when we look back at them--they are usually the years we grow the most. Praying your 2012 has many more peaks than pits! (: