Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dry socket say WHAT??

So Friday I had my one and only wisdom tooth taken out.  Yes, just one.  That’s all I had. I was a little sore Friday after the anesthesia wore off, but nothing unbearable.  Saturday we got up and got ready and actually went Christmas shopping.  I felt pretty good, considering.  I just couldn’t eat much.
Sunday, I was sore and pretty swollen, but again, nothing I couldn’t handle with a little pain medication.
Monday?  Terrible.  I don’t know what happened, but I was miserable.  Every time I tried to eat, even soft foods, my jaw would ACHE and throb all the way in my ear and up to my temple.  The pain medication wasn’t even relieving it.
Today?  Same thing.  So I made an appointment with the oral surgeon and he said that I had a dry socket.  Yeah, look THAT up (if you don’t know what it is).  OUCH.  They packed the gaping hole in my gums and sent me on my way.  Although it was agonizing while they packed it, I’m talking I would rather have another baby or another gall bladder removed, I am feeling better now. 
Leave it to me to complicate things.

But I’ll leave you with this super cute girl…

IMG_0682

No comments: