Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Maybe it’s just hormones??

Or maybe I’m just emotional.  Or having a moment.

NO I’M NOT PREGNANT.  Lets just clear that up right now.

Ever hear a song and you immediately think of a certain person?  Like, the person or the relationship you have with them? No?  I do. 

For instance, every time I hear “Mine would be you” by Blake Shelton, I think of my husband.  I love this song.  It’s my ring tone for when he calls.

 

What’s your all time high, you good as it gets?  You hands down best ever make-up sex?  What’s your guilty pleasure, your old go to? 

Well if you asked me, MINE WOULD BE YOU.

What’s you worst hangover, your best night yet?  Your 90 proof, your Marlboro Red?  The BEST damn thing you lucked into?

That’s easy (boy), MINE WOULD BE YOU.

Mine would be you, sun keeps shining, back road flying, singing like crazy fools, making up our own words, laughing till it hurts!  Baby if I had to choose my BEST DAY EVER, my finest hour, my wildest dream come true,

MINE WOULD BE YOU!!!

 

IMG_0641

 

…Can you tell me, the one thing you’d rather die than lose?  MINE WOULD BE YOU.

And the Paramore song “Still into you”

 

Can’t count the years on one hand that we’ve been together.  I need the other one to hold you, make you feel better.  It’s not a walk in the park to love each other, but when our finger interlock, can’t deny YOU’RE WORTH IT!

Cause after all this time

I’M STILL INTO YOU!!!!

IMG_6970

I should be over all the butterflies but I’m into you!  And baby ever on our worst night, I’m into you.  Let ‘em wonder how we got this far, cause I don’t really need to wonder at all.  Yeah, after all this time,

I’M STILL INTO YOU!!!

I love this guy something awful!  I am so thankful God brought us together 15 years ago :)

***********************

We were riding down the road today, just Mia and I when the Katy Perry song “Roar” came on.  I immediately applied this to HER and (here’s “the moment” part) instantly got a little teary. Stupid.  But just looking over her little 4 years of life and her personality, I just see her ROARING!!

 

…You hear my voice, you hear that sound, like thunder gonna shake the ground.  You held me down, but I got up!  Get ready cause I’ve had enough!  I see it all, I see it now

I GOT THE EYE OF THE TIGER, A FIGHTER, DANCING THROUGH THE FIRE, cause I am a CHAMPION and you’re gonna hear me ROAR!  Louder, louder than a lion, cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR! 

DSC_0792

 

Now I’m floating like a butterfly, stinging like a bee, I earned my stripes.  I went from zero, to my own hero.  You held me down, but I got up, already brushing off the dust, you hear my voice, you hear that sound.  Like thunder gonna shake the ground.

I GOT THE EYE OF THE TIGER, A FIGHTER, DANCING THROUGH THE FIRE, cause I am a champion, and you’re gonna hear me ROAR!!!

DSC_0797

 

This firstborn baby girl of mine is certainly a fighter and we already hear her ROAR!!  I can’t wait to see what that feisty little personality brings in the future.  Maybe.  Just a little scared.

Sorry for the somewhat-emotional-completely-corny post. It was on my brain and it had to come out :)

No comments: