Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Oh my little ladies

These sweet sister girls of mine?  Have my heart. 

 

DSC_0798

 

I love how their personalities are so different.  Opposite, actually.  I get the best of both worlds!

 

The sassy diva:

DSC_0795

 

A little parrot.  Nothing is more humbling than hearing your words come out of her mouth.  Reality check.  Check.  The other day, daddy was doing something silly, Mia placed her hands over her forehead, looked at me with side eyes and said “Dad is SO annoying” in her most like 13 year old voice and tone.  WOW.

Girlfriend can also cut straight to the core.  I was making her have nap/quiet time and she looked at me and said “Mom, I don’t love you anymore.”  BURN. Although I don’t know where she heard that, because those words don’t come out of our mouths, it kind of hurt.  But I know she is 4, so I told her that was ok and I still love her anyway. She came around real quick :)

Honestly, I could go on and on about the repeats and things that come out of her mouth, but quite frankly, I am embarrassed, because they came straight from her mama.  She also has her VERY sweet moments and sayings as well.  She is so compassionate and loving, especially if you are hurt.  I think she may end up being a caregiver or nurse like her mama.

 

DSC_0764

 

This little sweet cheeks, although not old enough to talk and rat me out, is as sweet as they come.  She loves to just watch and be with her big sister.  She laughs at Mia and wants to hang out in her room and play toys with her.  I know there will come a time when they fight and disagree, but I hope that deep down they are always close and BFF’s!

Finley just started to clap today and it is the cutest thing.  She is also blowing raspberries, on demand.  I die.

 

DSC_0801

 

I am mildly obsessed with these two human beings.  I am beyond grateful for God giving them to me.

 

DSC_0804

 

When I think about “what did I ever do to be blessed with such amazing kids”, I realize that I didn’t do anything.  There is nothing I could/can do to deserve anything, much less, them.  It is all because of HIM.  His endless amount of grace and mercy and love.  I actually become overwhelmed when I think of His love.  For me, for them.  And although I feel as if they are all mine, I know, they are His.  And I am so, so blessed and thankful that He trusted and loved little ole me enough, to raise them, to know Him.  I know I fall short, every single day, but I will continue to do my best, to lead them to the One, the ultimate lover of their souls.

 

My heart is so full and my cup runneth over.

No comments: