Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Can I just talk about Mia for a minute?

So this first born child of mine.  She is a hoot.  And her imagination is running rampant.  She is hilarious.  She makes Finley belly laugh and her momma and daddy look at each other, shake our heads and crack up laughing on a daily basis.

We went for our typical family walk the other day and Mia stops.  Dead in her tracks.  Bends down, looks at this less than dime sized hole in the asphalt, cups her hands together (as if something is in them) and says “Look momma, it’s a giraffe!!!”  She proceeded to hold her arms out and say “look mom, the giraffe is crawling up my arms!”  We engaged and encouraged.
 I totally don’t know if you are supposed to do that, but she is 4 and it is super cute.

We walked past a corn field and she let her giraffe down to go get something to eat and then held out her hands (for the giraffe to come back to her) and said (to her said giraffe) “Good job!  C’mon.”

This continued for most of the walk.

Also, I don’t think I will ever get tired of her picking me weeds flowers through the whole walk and saying “Here momma, I picked this for you!”  I will gladly accept flowers from my sweet girl!

Oh, and the storytelling? Amazing.  I have NO idea what she is talking about most of the time, but she tells some elaborate stories. And she LOVES telling them.  She adds so much detail, it’s hysterical.

This girl has been a roller coaster ride for me and her daddy her whole life and we wouldn’t get off this ride for a million bucks.  Mia brings us so much joy, laughs, happiness and gray hairs and we are so honored to be her parents!

No comments: