Just because everyone is doing it.
1. I have started watching the Parenthood seasons, and I am officially dreading the teenage years. At the end of season 1, I called Dave crying and said “I can’t do this. I can’t raise teenagers. I can’t keep watching this show. I JUST CAN’T!” God Bless my husband. I then went in and snuggled my big girl, who I just made go to her own bed, although she was crying “Mommy, I wanna HOLD YOU!” They won’t want to cuddle you forever. They won’t pick you weeds, or ahem, flowers, each time they go outside. They won’t want you to “hold you in your shoulder” (as Mia says when she wants me to hold her). They won’t get so excited to go somewhere with you and spend time with you. They won’t think it’s the bomb diggity to go shopping with you or go eat lunch with you. I just went off on a tangent.
2. I am a self proclaimed control freak. I am trying to let it go but MAN! It’s hard. I want to make all of the decisions for my family because of course, I think I am the only right one. Of course that is not true, but that is my brain. I hate it. I may actually be a little LESS stressed if I would completely give some of these decisions to my husband. Even though, some of the things I obsess about, like what we are going to wear for pictures, are not worth a decision to my husband. Breathe in, breathe out.
3. I am a wannabe photographer. I see some peoples pictures and think “how hard could it be?” I shoot and FAIL. I have the fancy camera and editing program and the CUTEST subjects, but I just can’t GET it. It’s frustrating. And I’m jealous of others talents. I don’t even want to do it for money, just for myself, and I still feel totally inadequate.
4. I would work more hours if I had to, to hire a maid. It is totally worth the money. I am not a good house wife. Not good at cooking (Pinterest has helped, when I actually cook) and don’t LIKE to clean. I can clean like nobody’s business. It’s just getting the motivation to do it. It is especially hard with a 6 month old who constantly needs my attention and a 4 year old who is constantly going behind me, remaking the mess I just picked up. Then I just give up. But then on the other hand, contrary to the first sentence, I don’t want to work MORE, because that takes time away from my babies. See where I’m going with this. Totally conflicted. I wish I was June Cleaver.
5. I am so green. Green as in my personality type. We had to take this test in the beginning of nursing school. I had some of each color type (which most people do), but was mostly green, followed by red. I fit into many of the descriptions. We have a problem with being overly cautious and over analytical. Very skeptical of peoples motives. Pessimistic. Introverted. Would rather be right than rich (absurd but true). We are also very accurate, dependable and organized. My husband would beg to differ on organization, esp. of the house, but if you could see me work. So organized. Those don’t sound like super fun traits, but I promise once you know me, I am ;) Ask my BLUE husband!!