Saturday, July 6, 2013

Family reunion and Game

I worked today, so Dave took the girls to his family reunion!

Mia and her cousin Arleigh
IMG_9001

Fin with her Nana
IMG_9002

Once I got off work, we got ready and met Meme, Poppy and Ben at a different restaurant.  Poppy definitely kicked it up a notch with this one!  He chose a place called “Game.” Game serves food like Elk, Kangaroo, Bison, Antelope and Bone Marrow.  I wasn’t exactly excited about trying this place, not gonna lie.

Dad of course ordered bone marrow and meatballs.  Kangaroo, Duck and Lamb meatballs, to be exact.
Yes, this my friends, is a bone of a cow, cut in half, topped with parmesan cheese and baked.  Yes, I tasted it.  And y’all??  I can’t even describe the amount of disgust that was in my mouth.  It was so gelatinous and vomit-inducing.  Never.Again.
IMG_9007

I had a wild boar burger, Dave had angus burger, mom bison burger and Ben had an antelope burger.  Mia had fries.  The only normal thing on the menu.
IMG_9009IMG_9003

We experienced it, but never again.  I’m all about trying new things, but even that was WAY outside of my box!

No comments: