Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother’s Day 2014

Today was probably the worst Mother’s Day of all of my Mother’s Days.  Not because of the day, or the company, or anything like that, but because of the circumstance we are in.  It never leaves my mind.  I can never relax or fully enjoy any moment.  But with that being said, I also enjoyed it in a whole new way.  A way that I’ve never celebrated before.  I didn’t care what we did or where we were, as long as I was with the most important people in my life, it was good.
Throughout this process, I’ve already learned so much.  Every.single.day is appreciated.  I want to hug a little more, talk a little more, tell people “I love you” more and spend lots more time together.  Just being together, doing nothing at all.  Even though I thought I learned this lesson when Mia was born, it’s really taught me a lesson this time around. And we’ve only just begun. 
This life is NOT about money, what you have, job you have, car you drive or house you live in.  It’s who you have beside you.  None of the other stuff matters without the ones you love in it.  With that being said, we spent the day with my parents, in the highlands, walking the streets, seeing the sights, trying new places to eat.  We also had a sweet treat at Life Bar!

Daddy made me (healthy) breakfast in bed!
20140511_073220

And this is how pictures go around here…HAHA
DSC_0204DSC_0208
Best we could do!

My three girls!
DSC_0198

20140511_115348

The most important girls in my life!
DSC_0212

DSC_0209

NO one was enthused by my picture taking today!
DSC_0214

My gifts that keep on giving!
20140511_13582320140511_140003

2014-05-11-07-48-30

After we came home and the girls took naps, we went back to my parents house and cooked dinner, had our juice and hung out together!

20140511_191000
Delicious!

My gift this year for Mother’s Day this year was the gift of life.  I know that sounds corny, but you are never promised another day, another minute.  In one minute, or one phone call, your life can be completely turned upside down.  So this year, I am beyond thankful that God gave me another day to enjoy with the people I love the most!

2014-05-11-07-50-44

Happy Mother’s Day to the best mama in the world.  My best girlfriend, my supporter and my comforter who loves me, my kids and our family unconditionally.  She steps up to the plate whenever we need anything.  She would be there for me at the drop of a hat and I know I could call her at any time of the day.  I can not possibly put into words how much I love her and how much she means to me, but I thank God every day for allowing me to be her daughter.  I love you mama!

2014-05-11-07-44-55

No comments: