Sunday, June 8, 2014

A “one”derful birthday

Today we drove to Georgetown to celebrate a special little boy’s first birthday party!  Avery is such a special and loved little man.  We all had fun, but I think my girls had a blast :) 

On our way, family silliness.  Per the norm…
20140608_134106

And without his beard, I’ve been told I’m robbing the cradle. Ha.Ha.Ha.  ::sarcastic font::
IMG_20140608_134251
Although I miss the beard, I still love that sweet, young face :)

How sweet is this little guy??
DSC_0292

Cake time!
DSC_0312DSC_0332

It was so nice to have a “normal” ish type of day and to celebrate with friends that are like family!!  Funny thing is, Amanda and I (and Dave and Jarrett) have been planning these days (the days of wedded bliss and motherhood) since we were sophomores in high school!  We drug the boys out to multiple bridal shows long before we were even engaged!  We have been through so much together and I must say, I love calling them family.  We love you guys!  So happy we could be a part of such a big day for you!

Isn’t he so nice to share with mama and daddy??
DSC_0342DSC_0344

Flashback to his actual birth day!
DSC_0192
How much can change in a years time…

Most of my heart…
DSC_0345DSC_0346

Trying to get a picture of the two of them together is not an easy task.  Most of them end up like this…
DSC_0349DSC_0350

Or this…
DSC_0354
HAHAHA! 

We got to go swimming at Avery’s party!
DSC_0356

DSC_0362DSC_0363
DSC_0367
DSC_0366DSC_0369
Both girls LOVED the water!!

On our way home, both ladies were OUT!!!  HAHA and then we stopped for some dinner..
20140608_19340420140608_193516
We ate Moe’s and they probably thought we were crazy asking about their gluten free options and telling them no dairy or meat.  They said “You vegan?”  Well, I’ve not thought of it that way, but I guess we are kind of trying to be?  But we can have like 4 oz. of meat per day (we aren’t as strict with the kids) and of that meat, it would be of the chicken or fish variety.  No red meat or pork.  I’ve actually downloaded an app that tells you were all of the vegetarian/organic/vegan restaurants are.  Funny thing is, they are mostly all in the highlands!  HA!  Told you I should move there!

We had a great Sunday!

No comments: