Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Let’s get moving

Yesterday and today we have been packing and moving!  This time has been an emotional roller coaster.  Not only do we have a life changing event with Dave’s health, but now another life changing event, selling our house.  The one Mia has grown in and the one we brought Finley home from the hospital in.  Mia was 17 months when we moved in, and Finley is 17 months now, and we are moving out.  Mia has learned to swing on her own and she loves going outside and swinging on her swing set and running around the yard with Sam.
We’ve explored our options and decided that this is our best next move.  Our next chapter. I have been emotional and was hesitant to move.  Dave has seen this and heard this.  We have called our mortgage company and just about everything that we could do, would significantly hurt our credit.  I realize Dave is trying to do what is the best for our family (for me, really) because he wants to take the financial burden off of my plate.  With him only making 60% of his pay, and me not working but about 16 hours per week, we will be hurting in a few months. And no, I can not go to work full time.  I have to be able to take care of my kids and my husband.  My schedule is so flexible that I can always pick up hours, but right now, I physically have not been able to.
Although it hurts our pride to live with someone (His aunt and uncle who have graciously opened their home for us to stay) and not be on our own, technically, we have to look ahead to our end goal.  This decision to sell will put a nest egg in the bank and keep our credit in tact, for when we do buy again.  As much as I was kicking and fighting and crying about our house, I had to follow my husbands lead.  And the house is exactly that, a house. With four walls.  That don’t feel.  We will take our memories with us and make many more!
We our hoping that our future will take us to a cozy home, somewhere by the beach ;)

But for right now, in this moment, I will look at the bright side!  Aunt Terri has a big, nice pool! And Mia LOVES to swim. Plus, Nuna, Kyle and the boys are literally one street over!  And Nana and Papaw are across the street!
20140624_16342420140624_163432

Uncle Ben took off work today to help us move.  We moved for most of the day and then the girls went to bed.  Daddy ended up with a terrible headache and went to lay down for a bit.  So B and I went out for dinner! It’s been a while since we were able to go to dinner together, just the two of us.  We laughed and had a lot of fun.  Then we spent ONE last night at my house.  We hung out, looked at our phones (haha) and shared funny quotes/videos.  We had a great time!
20140624_215058

And since I’m such a sap, here is Mia, 17 months, when we moved in, and Finley, 17 mos., before we moved out.
IMG_104420140626_091510
Why yes, the first kid does get shoes, dresses and bows with each outfit.  The second kid, does not. HA HA!  See also: This picture is very telling of their personalities.  Mia is much more serious than Finley.  Both equally as stinking cute!!  And see also:  WHERE THE HECK DID THE TIME GO????

Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: