Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Finley is 18 months!

My teeny tiny princess is officially a year and a half old!  How could this be?

20140722_142703
This little sack o’ sugar and spice weighs in at 19 lbs. 6 ounces and 28 inches long and has 8 teeth.  She is no longer on the charts she is so tiny.  Her head is still hanging tough in the 25% though! HAHA  All those brains, I tell ya.
Other than being a petite little lady, she is perfectly healthy in her own small packaging!! 

20140722_142631

Sleep:  Girlfriend sleeps about 10 hours a night, from about 8-9 pm to about 630-730am.  Her naps are getting shorter (two day naps, one for about 30 min-1hour, the second for about an hour, maybe 2) and further apart.  I don’t know how much of it has to do with our new schedule and always running and going with different people, but her schedule is a thing of the past.  Although this kind of pains my green self, I have to let it go.  God is really working on multiple things with me right now.

Eat: I don’t know where it has come from, but sister is PICKY.  I hope and pray it is just a stage, but the girl won’t try new things, and only likes a handful of different foods.  It is driving me crazy.  She used to be a great eater!  I always said I didn’t want to have a picky kid, but, I got one. For now, at least.  I have to squeeze her nutrients in wherever I can hide them.  She will drink the juice I make, her milk is either Almond Milk or Flax milk + added protein, and her bars are healthy (the one thing she will always eat).  She has a sweet tooth.  Or, 8 of them!  She can tear up some sweets, so I definitely try to limit it.  She won’t touch fruits or veggies anymore, and my heart breaks for that.  She loves carbs, what can I say? Please just be a stage!

20140722_144843

Social:  This lady is a social butterfly.  She looks at every kid and points at them while saying “Baby!”  She smiles and waves to almost everyone.  She blows kisses and it’s about one of the cutest things ever.  She is obsessed with her sister and her boy cousins!  She kisses Sam (and on the snout, while Sam licks her mouth. Yes, I am that mom and allow that to happen. Judge away.) more than she kisses us.  She is not a TV watcher.  At this point, Mia was really into Minnie Mouse.  Finley isn’t into any particular character or show.

Skills and speech: Finley talks A.LOT.  She says mama, mommy, daddy, Mia, dogdog, byebye, all gone, uh oh, nose, no no no, booby (she has an obsession!), belly, shoe, chawly (Charlie), bwody (Brody), Ma (Max), Ja (Jack), Hawley (Harley), obviously some trouble with the R’s. HA! nigh nigh, baby, yeah, Nuna, meme, B, Hoppy (Poppy), Nana, Nina, eat, pizza and more I’m sure, I just can’t think of them all.

20140722_144855

She can follow simple commands, has a serious attachment to her paci and blankie, blows kisses, signs for more and eat, plays peek a boo, points to everything.  Girlfriend KNOWS what she wants and will swat your hand away, shake her head and say “nononono” if it’s not what she wants.
Finley is becoming quite the independent little lady.  She will not tolerate someone feeding her (after all, that is for babies!) or holding her hand.  She has to do everything her way.  She will yell at her sister and say say “MIAAAA” and smack at her.  She has started having little tantrums when she doesn’t get her way and she no longer gets her feelings hurt when I tell her NO.  Oh my, how things have changed over the past 6 months!  I for sure thought I was going to get my laid back kid, but she is showing signs of her strong will, just like her sis.  How will I be able to handle two of those??  Maybe this is just a stage too?!  ;)

20140722_142713

She can point to/show you her belly, ears, eyes, boobies, head and nose.  She loves to dance to music (just like sis, mom and dad) and is very loving and affectionate to her sister and cousins, showering them with hugs, aka tackles or choke holds, and kisses.
Finley Claire, you are a feisty and spicy little lady.  You make our hearts so full and our lives complete.  Your smile and laugh could light up the room.  I can’t imagine a day without you.  You are an absolute light and joy.  You are so much fun and we love watching you grow into your own little person.  You are hilarious just like your big sister.  Your daddy and I love you to the moon and back.  There could never be enough words to tell you how much is so.  We are obsessed with you baby girl.  I pray for you everyday to be a strong follower of the Lord, for you to be happy and secure in your own skin and to follow your dreams.  You are a beautiful and smart little girl and I have full confidence that you will accomplish whatever it is you want to do.  I’m so thankful you are mine.  Love you forever, sweet baby girl.

No comments: