Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Round 4, Day 2

This day brought to you by the word Overwhelmed.

“To load, heap, treat, or address with an overpowering, or excessive amount of anything.” or “To cover or bury beneath a mass of something…”

That is exactly what I feel right now.  I’m not crying out for attention, just writing my feelings.  My to-do list today alone could have made me cry.  Or maybe it’s just my hormones.  Regardless, days like today make me appreciate my coworker in this parenting business even more.  I feel completely defeated, exhausted.  But at the end of the day, right before I crash, I feel a little like Super Woman. 

Our day started with our beach/Kindergarten hair trims!
20140722_12173420140722_121828

We then went straight to Finley’s 18 month appointment…
20140722_14225220140722_142527

We grabbed some lunch (my poor kids are always eating on the run these days.) and went to visit daddy for a couple of hours. 
Next up, dinner with some friends, followed by packing the girls (all 3 of them) and taking them to Meme and Poppy’s house to spend the night. We did a couple of small errands before and in between our day as well.  I know it doesn’t sound like much, but trust me, it was.

This picture pretty much describes me at the moment…
iStock_000009744255Small
Waving the white flag!!!!

Dave is still doing pretty good today.  He was able to eat lunch, but is starting with some nausea.  He also got up and went outside for about an hour today.  Tomorrow will start the downhill effect for him, but we are trying to concentrate on the beach!  Last treatment until we get back from the beach, and possible even longer if they decide to do surgery.  He is actually looking forward to surgery because of how bad the chemo makes him feel.  Pretty sad, huh?
Day 2, in the books.

No comments: