Thursday, July 24, 2014

Round 4, Day 3 and 4

Day 3.  I worked and Dave just laid around and slept.  Day 3 is always when he starts to feel down and crummy :(  Unfortunately, other than the meds they give him and rest, there is nothing I can do for him.  It breaks my heart.  All of his labs and still hanging in and around normal.

Day 4.  The girls and I had a slow morning. After the busy week, it was nice to not have to rush off anywhere.  Mia had a doctors appointment with a Pediatric Surgeon this afternoon.  She has had this lump on her neck for a few months now.  At first it would come and go, but the last couple of months, it hasn’t moved.  It hasn’t changed size or caused her any pain.  Dr. Kim said it was just a reactive lymph node and was completely normal.  But, since everyone, everyone, knows how I am, knows that that is just not an acceptable answer for me.  Yes, I absolutely trust Dr. Kim, but he knows me so well that he went ahead and referred us to a surgeon so that we could take that sucker out and be done with it. That way I have a definitive answer and can relax.  He said he wanted to take one thing off of my plate of anxiety! 
20140724_140703

When it rains, it pours, people.  True story.

So, needless to say, we had that appointment today.  And Nuna brought her sweet little self along with us to help me and be a support.  I don’t know what I would do without my family!

20140724_142351

Dr. Downard is the surgeon who evaluated her.  She said the same thing as Dr. Kim.  She thinks it is just a reactive lymph node that would be benign, but the only way to know 100% is to take it out.  And when are we going to take it out?  MONDAY MORNING.  As in, THIS MONDAY.  She said it was a simple, outpatient procedure that would require minimal recovery time.  Although I HATE to put my baby through it, I HAVE to get it out for a peace of mind, especially with our current situation.

20140724_140709

DING DING DING.  I’M TAPPING OUT.

After her appointment, us girls had lunch at McAlister’s for FREE TEA DAY! WHAT?! 
20140724_151131
Delicious half and half on this hot summer day!

Next up, visit with daddy!
20140724_19090020140724_190926
Or take over his bed and TV, whatever.

20140724_190933

Daddy is still feeling pretty yucky.  Nausea and weakness, followed up with Zofran and Ativan.  It’s the carousel.  I can’t wait to get him away from all this crap and go to the beach.  Vacation is going to be so refreshing.  I can’t wait to spend time with the ones I love the most, at one of my favorite spots in the world (beside the ocean), while trying to escape reality for a week.
It can’t get here soon enough.

No comments: