Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A last day, a birthday and a big day

Well it’s official, my big girl had her last day of 3 year old preschool. 
Can someone tell me how this happened?  I feel like I was just changing her diapers, and now her first year of preschool is over.  It is so bittersweet.  To see her grow and change and develop, but to also lose a little bit of her reliance on me to independence and reliance on herself.  Obviously, she is only 4, but to see her independence develop more and more makes me realize how we only have them in our arms to nurture and form for such a little time before they spread their wings and fly.  Better do it right!!

First day and last day.
DSC_0015IMG_7855

Today is almost my dad’s 55th birthday!!  Although I don’t get to spend it with him, because he is in Florida, I know him and my mom are having a great time together and nurturing their marriage while alone on this trip.  And I’m ok with that.  All marriages need that!  Happy birthday to my first love and man in my life.  You will always hold a special place in my heart and my life.  You are a wonderful dad, but an amazing Poppy!!  LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

I decided that since today was Mia’s last day of school, I would let her do something fun.  Something of her choosing.  We decided to have her best friend Nadia (we missed Brinlee because she still has school) come over for a sleep over!!  We would first go get pedicures with Nadia and her mommy, per Mia’s request!

IMG_7858

IMG_7859IMG_7860

They were so awesome and so patient with us.  Everything they did to our feet, they did to the girls feet (well not quite everything and not as extensive, obvs.)
IMG_7865IMG_7872
That tickles!!
IMG_7868IMG_7870

IMG_7878IMG_7879

After Nadia’s mommy left, Ben, Finley, the girls and I went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner!

IMG_7883

IMG_7893IMG_7887

We came home and the girls ran around and played outside…
DSC_0002DSC_0005DSC_0022

DSC_0008DSC_0011DSC_0009

Monkey bars!
DSC_0012DSC_0018

DSC_0014

DSC_0016DSC_0023


After all of that playing and pampering, the girls got to play in the tub…
DSC_0035DSC_0037
DSC_0038DSC_0039

Time for popcorn and then a movie!!
IMG_7899

I would say Mia’s first official friend sleep over was a success!!
I LOVE being a girl mom!!

No comments: