Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A picnic and award

I started out my morning by waking up to this goober…
IMG_7754
She is always in such a good mood! By the way, we are in Mia’s bed because she was in my bed.  Horizontally.  Forget that.  So Fin and I packed up and went to her bed!  HA!

Mia’s end-of-the-year picnic for school was today.  We played, had a cookout, made a craft and got a book!!  It was nice to get to finally see her play with all of her friends that she talks about and put a face with the names.

IMG_7757IMG_7758

Mia and her teacher Mrs. Dabney tracing her hand…
IMG_7755IMG_7756

This is what they made…
IMG_7760

The items were, hands, a Hershey kiss, a bingo chip, and eraser and a Kleenex.  All in a brown bag with this note attached…
IMG_7761IMG_7762IMG_7763

After the picnic, we came home and played outside on this beautiful day while daddy cut grass!
Love popsicles!
DSC_0006DSC_0007

Blowing bubbles…
DSC_0012DSC_0015

It’s official!  We have flip flops people!!
DSC_0021

DSC_0018DSC_0019

We squeezed in a small nap and then when daddy left for work, the girls and I headed to Meme and Poppy’s for dinner before church!!  If it wasn’t’ for them, I may not ever eat (except for fast food, that is)! HA!  I’m not very domesticated.  Never claimed to be.

Tonight was the last night for Awana, and since I was nominated “Mother-of-the-year” I forgot about it.  We still got our award though ;) 
IMG_7768IMG_7769

IMG_7793

And the gift her teachers gave to me…
IMG_7792
First, it’s the famous “tongue-out” face.  Second, I love being a mom.  It’s definitely the best!

It was also the last night for our high schoolers, so they had a cookout, complete with bounce houses and corn hole!!
IMG_7772IMG_7773

Mia thought she was big stuff hanging with the cool sophomore girls!
IMG_7776IMG_7777

And of course Miss Finley got passed around and loved on!!

Veronica making Finley so happy and laughing!
IMG_7778IMG_7779

Mia actually reached up and grabbed Brooke’s hand and immediately let go of mine.  She was like see ya mom, I’m with the girls.  I thought that happened when they were teens, not 4??!
IMG_7781IMG_7782IMG_7783

Sweet Jamie cuddling my baby.  Her mom is a NICU nurse and that is what she wants to be!  I think she will make a great NICU nurse!  Such a sweet heart!
IMG_7785IMG_7788

Little McKemie!!
IMG_7790IMG_7791

I am certainly gonna miss these girls over the summer, but that is why we are planning some girls nights!!  Also, I’m calling them if I need a baby sitter ;)

No comments: